The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Electronic doe tags or mail in doe tags

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
nope...this one is all about e-tags
I was assuming that since BP “liked” my reply, it was a “yes, talking apps not the actual tagging”….
What’s wrong with an e-tag option? Plenty of states have already figured out how to do it securely and reliably, and they still have the old pen and paper route as an option for the technophobes.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
that just requires all hunters to have a smart phone. what if they dont have one or want one ?
Right. I don't carry a smart phone and I'm not going to start. They do the tags that way and I'll still buy my license and still shoot antlerless deer. I just won't worry about tags.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
As far as I know, every state that has implemented e-tags has maintained a process to obtain physical tags for those that desire them.
I'd be curious to know the adoption rates of both processes.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Just leave it alone. Its not broke, so it doesnt need fixed. PERIOD! Its been working forever, leave it alone!
Reading through these post I was thinking about when we got a knew, just out of collage, kid to run our area at work. The first thing he had to do was to change something so he could get attention for his next promotion and have something to write on his resume. His change always slowed us down and and lowered product quality but something got "improved". the last thing management wanted to hear was is the way we have always done this.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I wouldn`t mind applying online, but physically get mailed the antlerless deer permit. I definitely want a physical tag.
Me to. I applied for a 3 yr. fishing license this year and never printed it off because I did it via my phone and what happens in 2 yrs I forgot I bough it and applied for another one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts