The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I always put 2H as my first and 2G as my second (Since our camp is on the border) and somehow got 2G with plenty of 2H still remaining .....No idea why unless I transposed them?? I'm happy to get one anyway

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
.257 said:
I always put 2H as my first and 2G as my second (Since our camp is on the border) and somehow got 2G with plenty of 2H still remaining .....No idea why unless I transposed them?? I'm happy to get one anyway
I do the exact same thing, so far I haven't received either but I'm not to worried either will be fine. 2H is a little more convenient though.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Called the Beaver County Treasures Office. Said 3 people are out and the lady I spoke to only works half a day!!!!!! There has to be a better way. She told me to check next MONDAY. Unfair to say the least. Knowing the Doe Applications are coming and to let 3 people off is ridicules'.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
bobcat1 said:
Called the Beaver County Treasures Office. Said 3 people are out and the lady I spoke to only works half a day!!!!!! There has to be a better way. She told me to check next MONDAY. Unfair to say the least. Knowing the Doe Applications are coming and to let 3 people off is ridicules'.
If it were Me, I would be calling the Beaver Co. Commissioners Office, as well as the local news. And I would let the Commissioners Office know my next call was to the Media.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
bobcat1 said:

In all fairness, they do get vacation time, for them to allow them to have off at the same time? Maybe they got the flu? Happens.

But I do know how you feel. It is a terrible way to process them, but it is better than a lottery.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I understand people get sick. But 3 and to have another person only work 1/2 a day? Last year I missed the Doe Tags. This year I did it right and still having issues. Just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
bobcat1 said:
I understand people get sick. But 3 and to have another person only work 1/2 a day? Last year I missed the Doe Tags. This year I did it right and still having issues. Just doesn't make sense.
Not second guessing but there are some really good court houses. Try a different one, you do know that you can send to any one you want and they process them for you?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I know. This one is about 2 minutes from my house. Too late to send another one now. That would be double dipping and that cancels them all out and possibly never able to apply again for a while. Would have to wait until August 1st. I might as well ride it out.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
SRA-5C+ said:
Not second guessing but there are some really good court houses. Try a different one, you do know that you can send to any one you want and they process them for you?
Yeah they're all different. Why some of them even process tags before other offices open!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Doe tags in high demand as applications open for hunting season

If you haven't applied for a license to hunt antlerless deer this year, you may want to hurry.

Monday morning — the first day Pennsylvania residents could apply for the license — saw an unprecedented surge in demand, according to Lancaster County officials.

“My staff said this is the most we’ve ever seen within the first two-hour window,” Amber Green, the county treasurer, said at 11 a.m.

Green said her office had received more than 5,500 applications within just a few hours of accepting them, which was about 1,200 more than at the same point last year.

Due to a rule change, this year, residents have only a week's head start on nonresidents who can start applying for the license starting July 18.

The county dispersed 26,111 doe tags last year, but officials expect to exceed 30,000 this year, said Green, who is participating in the process for the first time as the newly elected treasurer.

“We’re all hands on doe,” she said, adding that her office was being flooded by the pink envelopes that hunters must send their applications in.

One reason for the initial burst, she said, could be that people are more aware of the process and how it is handled.

Another may be a change in the application schedule this year as the weeklong advantage to residents was reduced from a previous two-week gap.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission advises hunters to be aware of the change, along with the general decrease of available licenses in recent years.

There are 748,000 antlerless licenses available statewide this year, which is slightly more than last year but down from 902,000 in 2011, according to the Game Commission.

To ensure a successful application, Green suggests following all the instructions from the Game Commission to avoid mistakes like not including a required return stamp with the application so the license can be mailed back.

With the demand this year, she said there also may be less availability to sell two or three deer tags to individuals when they become available.

“It looks like they’re going to go fast this year,” she said.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/do...f5369d02aa.html

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just checked again, no 2A. No call back from the County Commissioners. Big Joke to them. Think KDKA will be getting a call.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I wouldn't sweat that 2a tag. They are a dime a dozen. Won't sell out till late archery season or early rifle. I'll get 3 with no problem. Just mailed in today.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm a bit concerned with 2F. Mine should been in Allegheny County courthouse yesterday, today at the latest. Nothing yet...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
bushmaster said:
I wouldn't sweat that 2a tag. They are a dime a dozen. Won't sell out till late archery season or early rifle. I'll get 3 with no problem. Just mailed in today.
I understand that. I don't know if you saw my earlier post. If I was trying to get 2f I would be very upset.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts