1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe tag regulation could become law
December 13, 2015 12:00 AM
By John Hayes / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Heard the one about the guy with 40 doe tags?

A legislative bill would turn a current Game Commission regulation into a state law limiting to three the number of antlerless deer licenses a hunter can receive per year. An exception could be made in areas with special deer-reduction programs.

"My bill would simply put the Game Commission’s current practices into law," said state Rep. Neal P. Goodman, D-Schuylkill, in a statement. "Codifying the three-license limit and retaining the commission’s flexibility to issue more licenses to target an area where the herd needs to be thinned would eliminate confusion and misconceptions about these licenses."

Current regulations allow hunters to buy one doe tag as well as two additional unsold antlerless licenses. Hunters may purchase more doe tags in wildlife management units, such as 2B, with special deer-management hunts.

House Bill 1710 has moved to the House Game and Fisheries Committee.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Who cares? If we buy dmaps and use them inside the dmap what's wrong? Stupid......

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Isn't this already the way it is? You can only get 3 doe licenses except for the sra's.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Just another Politician wanting to codify easy things he doesn't need to that are fine how they are. Yet things he needs to codify go unanswered... Like the budget.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Treestand said:
thats the way it is now kinda a waste of time and money....
One thing that irrates me about politics. They waste time on a bill the is just pandering for votes, but don't work on some stuff that is important. What about the leashed tracking dog legislation or getting a buget passed?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Untill this year you could pretty much get + use unlimited tags in 5C... not ALL of which is part of the SRA.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
cspot said:
Treestand said:
thats the way it is now kinda a waste of time and money....
One thing that irrates me about politics. They waste time on a bill the is just pandering for votes, but don't work on some stuff that is important. What about the leashed tracking dog legislation or getting a buget passed?

Agree with cs...how about passing some of those bills on the table....reather than that useless bill.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't know the current law and possibly this scenerio isn't even possible. Maybe there is concern over anti-hunters buying up oodles of antlerless tags so they are not available to hunters. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
foxpro51 said:
Buying more than two doe tags is pure GREED
Unless you happen to hunt land that is overrun with deer, needs the population thinned, and use all the meat. Then it's just smart.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Borden811 said:
foxpro51 said:
Unless you happen to hunt land that is overrun with deer, needs the population thinned, and use all the meat. Then it's just smart.
Or donate it to families in need. People are something else on here anymore.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
foxpro51 said:
Just call me Mr. Greedy.

Correction, I only have 2 DOE tags. The other 2 are a DMAP and DMA2! Filled 1, and I plan to fill two during flintlock season!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
A Democrat from Schuylkill County wants this? Waste money on something we already have and wants credit for it! He must be behind in his public opinion poll numbers.. Do they still have the Pottsville Republican newspaper down there?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hunterknapp16 said:
Borden811 said:
foxpro51 said:
Or donate it to families in need. People are something else on here anymore.
Agree. I shot a buck opening day....I have MY meat. I shot 3 does and did not even make a dent in the local population here as we have MANY. I donated all 3 doe to the food bank. That was my plan all along If I was fortunate to harvest any doe.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts