1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HB 1320

To: All House members
Subject: Doe Licenses – Limit of 3 Per Hunter

Current Game Commission regulations limit individuals to no more than three antlerless deer licenses per license year – one regular antlerless license and two unsold antlerless licenses. An exception exists for special regulation areas where aggressive deer management efforts are a priority.

It is becoming apparent that confusion exists about the number of antlerless deer licenses hunters are permitted a year, driven by stories of hunters receiving up to 40 licenses in certain areas. I am introducing legislation to make it clear only three licenses are permitted per hunter per year statewide, except in areas the Game Commission needs to issue more to reduce the deer herd. Specifically, my legislation would codify into Pennsylvania statute the three-license limit, as well as retain the authority of the Pennsylvania Game Commission to issue licenses in excess of three as part of localized deer reduction efforts.

Please join me in sponsoring this legislation.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If I read it right, the areas the commision needs to reduce the deer herd is called the Special Regulations Area, so nothing changes anyway!

Neal P Goodman appears to have too much time on his hands, and a mad desire to complicate the complicated.

·
Registered
17,168 Posts
he must be up for re-election and is pandering to the hunting crowd for votes.

if a politician wants to pander for votes and gets millions of people to vote for him/her. write, push and pass legislation that creates a nationwide carry permit.
what ever is legal in your State is good in all 50 states.

got my vote and donations to the campaign, after it passes.

the bill this guy is proposing is already law...special kind of stoopid !!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Murder is illegal. Currently there are still murders happening so I am introducing legislation that makes it clear that murder is illegal. :icon_rolleyes_zps90

We have way to many legislators with not enough to do.

Reactions: Waynzee and bohunr

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Is he trying to backdoor limit the number of DMAP tags one can get? If so that is complete baloney but I'm trying to figure out any reason at all this makes sense. I know the "ain't no deer" crowd has a lot of contempt for the DMAP, but in all the NC area you are getting two regular tags if you're lucky, and most of those units just one. There is nowhere in the state outside of the SRA's where one can get four regular doe tags.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is he trying to backdoor limit the number of DMAP tags one can get? If so that is complete baloney but I'm trying to figure out any reason at all this makes sense. I know the "ain't no deer" crowd has a lot of contempt for the DMAP, but in all the NC area you are getting two regular tags if you're lucky, and most of those units just one. There is nowhere in the state outside of the SRA's where one can get four regular doe tags.
Was thinking about the same or mayhaps to limit the PGC from expanding tags in CWD areas.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No not true. The law against Sunday hunting was put into place by the general assembly so they have the authority to leave it or remove it. The PGC sets bag limits by regulation and what the knucklehead representative is trying to do is set bag limits by law. If this one flies, what will the next bag limit be that the heneral assembly poaches from the PGC. I smell USP all over the three of his bills.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
No not true. The law against Sunday hunting was put into place by the general assembly so they have the authority to leave it or remove it. The PGC sets bag limits by regulation and what the knucklehead representative is trying to do is set bag limits by law. If this one flies, what will the next bag limit be that the heneral assembly poaches from the PGC. I smell USP all over the three of his bills.

So....the General Assembly decides to give themselves the authority to set bag limits. The law of 3 doe tags per person is put into place by the General Assembly.

No different than years ago deciding to give themselves the authority to determine which days we can hunt what.

Reactions: bohunr and dragman

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Sadly that is true, the general assembly can pass laws and so long as the Governor signs them into law those are the rules we are governed by. So far as Sunday hunting goes, I am 72 and I do not remember a time when we could hunt any game or fur bearers on Sunday. Sunday hunting started with foxes, then coyotes, There was no prohibition on crows since they are not game or fur bearing animals. After the feds put the Hawaiian crow on the endangered species list all sub species of crows were given protection in the number of days and what time of the year they could be hunted. At that time the PGC set the crow season and made it Friday Saturday and Sunday only to stretch out the months they could be hunted. Hopefully, these 3 stupid amendments to the game Code that were just posted here, all by the same clown will be no starters and will not get out of committee.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You're forgetting the exception for noncommercial permits that allows landowners of 100 or more acres to stock pheasants, mallards, chukar and Huns and hunt them 7 days a week. Last I heard those numbered in the hundreds.

Kind of ridiculous that similarly stocked pheasants paid for by hunters on SGL's, also paid for by hunters are illegal to be similarly hunted on Sundays.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts