The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A first for me. I sent my third round doe app in on 9-9 and got one. It arrived yesterday in a different pink envelope than the one I had filled out and sent in. The stamp was taped on and looked like it had been removed from another pink envelope.

I assume somebody in the treasurer's offices somehow accidentally destroyed my original envelope. It was nice of them to go to the trouble of providing me with a new one. Maybe the postal service destroyed the original?

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
A first for me. I sent my third round doe app in on 9-9 and got one. It arrived yesterday in a different pink envelope than the one I had filled out and sent in. The stamp was taped on and looked like it had been removed from another pink envelope.

I assume somebody in the treasurer's offices somehow accidentally destroyed my original envelope. It was nice of them to go to the trouble of providing me with a new one. Maybe the postal service destroyed the original?
:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
The Armstrong County Treasurer had 200 envelopes returned to the court house marked as undeliverable. One was my son’s from round two. The CT office contacted him this week, they had no idea why the USPS returned the envelopes, as there was proper postage and a correct address. They told him they were going to remail them….he received it yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
This goes back many years, but I had applied to Sullivan County. I got a call from a lady at the CT's office and somehow I had neglected to include a check. She said she'd hold a tag back for me if I'd get a check right off. I did and received the tag.
They have been known to donate a stamp on an envelope when it wasn’t on the return envelope. The ladies in the County Treasurers Office rule! 🤘

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
The Armstrong County Treasurer had 200 envelopes returned to the court house marked as undeliverable. One was my son’s from round two. The CT office contacted him this week, they had no idea why the USPS returned the envelopes, as there was proper postage and a correct address. They told him they were going to remail them….he received it yesterday.
That has been happening quite a bit over the last 2 years. In my work, I'm constantly mailing stuff to various property owners and sometimes almost half of it comes back "undeliverable" or "address unknown" when neither is actually true. For us it happened more with certified mail with a return receipt request. I think if a mailman doesn't feel like delivering to the door and getting the receipt signed they simply say it's undeliverable. Because when I turned around and sent the same exact stuff regular or without RR request it got delivered to the same address.

Another one that occurs, if it has the correct address but a different name, they'll assume it's wrong and return it. Never had these systemic issues with mail before Covid.

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
We’ve had USPS claim they couldn’t access our porch or property or however the message is phrased. It’s never true. It just delays our delivery by days or sometimes forces us to go to the PO to pick up the package.

We have lived in our home for 7 years. This wasn’t an issue until the last year or so. We figured it was an individual mail carrier issue, but I guess it’s more wide spread than that.

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Its seems the CT clerks go above and beyond, with little acts of kindness.
HOWEVER, the USPS is a whole other story, which I'm sure most of us can relate.
I can’t say a whole lot bad about USPS…..my arch enemy is Fed-Ex. Their people on my route at horrible. They’ve driven through my flower beds, drove over my Honey sign…twice, leave packages at the mail box (150 yards from house ), had their truck stuck in my culvert, and delivered numerous packages to my neighbors instead of here.

I came home from camp last week….my new Jet Sled was propped up against the mailbox along the state highway. How long do you think it would be before someone took it?

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
You hauling beaver in that jet sled this year? I am too.
I got a small fleet of them. But I wanted a new regular sled, with no holes rubbed through. I toss deer, coyotes, beaver etc in it and slide it into the hatch of the Forester. No holes= no spilled blood.

I do use the sleds when I’m setting up a beaver area, and I’ll use it to drag them out if I get a bunch.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That has been happening quite a bit over the last 2 years. In my work, I'm constantly mailing stuff to various property owners and sometimes almost half of it comes back "undeliverable" or "address unknown" when neither is actually true. For us it happened more with certified mail with a return receipt request. I think if a mailman doesn't feel like delivering to the door and getting the receipt signed they simply say it's undeliverable. Because when I turned around and sent the same exact stuff regular or without RR request it got delivered to the same address.

Another one that occurs, if it has the correct address but a different name, they'll assume it's wrong and return it. Never had these systemic issues with mail before Covid.
Not to beat on the mail delivery folks but the size of the packages they smash in my mailbox sometimes is unbelievable, assuming because they don’t want to get out of the truck…..

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Had my pink envelope stuffed inside a new one a few years ago. Undeliverable label on original one. Assume CT relabeled new one and removed stamp from old to new. Same name and address on new one. No idea why old one not deliverable.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Glad you got it back. I guess they used a proper pink replacement so a white envelope didn't just get overlooked or tossed in trash as junk mail?

I got a small fleet of them. But I wanted a new regular sled, with no holes rubbed through. I toss deer, coyotes, beaver etc in it and slide it into the hatch of the Forester. No holes= no spilled blood.

I do use the sleds when I’m setting up a beaver area, and I’ll use it to drag them out if I get a bunch.
You can repair those jet sleds with a plastic welder (big soldering iron) and some milk jugs, caps, or other hdpe bottles, or old zip ties. Mine broke through in a back corner after dragging deer downhill over rocks... repairs take a little doing but they work. For a big gap, melt in a lattice like window screen and then fill that. I like to do it outside and use a fan blowing fumes away just like welding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts