The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fine for sending your anterless application in too early? I always assumed it went into a dead letter file.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I don't think there's a fine, but it kinda gets "disqualified".

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
There is no fine, it just gets sent back.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
first of all you couldn't send in before the new licenses come out because you wouldn't have the apps. Second, NO, there is no fine, they send them back if sent in too early. the dead lettr file is for improperly filled out envelopes

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
With the amount of tags issued,I personally don't see the need to send them early.Is there a fine?No but there should be so everyone gets a fair chance at the almost impossible to not get doe tags.It is not like 20 years ago when you got lucky to get one.If you don't get a doe tag it is your fault.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's get this post straight. I never have nor do I intend to send in early, it was a question that came up during a coffee clatch situation and I said that I would try to find out. I figured this forum would give me the right answer. If I knew that I was going to be vilified for just asking an honest question I wouldn't have done it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I don't think anybody is trying to be negative towards you in anyways Lou they are just speaking there minds. Personally I ahve never sent in my doe tag early but I know guys that have on accident and there tag was returned I forget what the reason for the return besides the obvious but I can assure you there was no fine...

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Longbeard, you should know that ther are some on here that will give you the answer and there are some that will give you thier opinion on the question and try to second guess the motive for the question. So if you post an here and think that you will only get replies that answer the post, THINK AGAIN.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
It may go on your <u>Permanent Record</u>...so be careful.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't know about the "dead" letter file either.

Last year my application was sent back to me for not including the check with it.

Funny thing is, I also on the same day got the check back for not including the application.

I'm thinking someone dropped the check and then found it after lunch??

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Funny this topic came up, I was talking with a guy the other day that got a 168.00 fine for sending his in a week early. When he got his license the issuing agent told him to not to forget to send it in on a certain date so he did but the agent was wrong and he got a fine from the local WCO

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
never happened, the guy that told you that is a liar. They go into a dead letter bin. They all go to PO boxes that arent open till the first day so the Post Office either puts them in the dead letter bin or sometimes (its rare) sends them back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts