The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which brand is the best ? I read a brand named Harmon doe estrous is from three different does.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't waste your money nothing can imitate mother nature. I wish I had all the money back I've wasted on deer lures!
I actually used Trails End on scent wicks hanging in tree limbs and nailed a nice eight point. I learned a couple of years ago how to use them, effectively. Drag line and mock scrapes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Trails end is deadly. for a commercial grade lure. its very affordable. and buy the 4 oz bottle. amazon. like 15 $.
then. go to RAW FROZEN SCENTS. dont get any better than their product. read the web site. email or call them. got mine with it last season. . and buying again this year. this will. be my go to lure.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Drags and mock scrapes mostly......did not use them until the latter part of October. Had does,button bucks and small bucks but never any big bucks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drags and mock scrapes mostly......did not use them until the latter part of October. Had does,button bucks and small bucks but never any big bucks.
well the rut has something to do with it... LOL LOL it's most effective in the rut.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tell me how you made your scrapes, how far apart were they? And what brand did you use? Pure or synthetic?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
how is it some are successful and some aren't? I'm looking into a different brand due to a guy I know that can make it, can't anymore. And it some gooood stuff man.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
IMO, estrous works better on private land than it does public. It's most effective right before the rut when bucks are searching out that first doe. Most guys use too much, less is def more.

Ive had great success making scrapes below a nice licking branch and then peeing in it. Had one last year go from a 2'x2' to a 6'x6' within two days.

Ive used just about every brand of estrous there is, including VS-1. I had a mature 8 come right into VS-1 once, and a slammer 10 come into Tinks Golden Estrous once. Outside of that, I have not had much luck with estrous.

Save your money, find where bucks cruise during the rut, and rely on your woodsmanship/hunting skills to get you within range of that buck you're after.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IMO, estrous works better on private land than it does public. It's most effective right before the rut when bucks are searching out that first doe. Most guys use too much, less is def more. AGREED
It lingeres, and bucks ain't stupid

Ive had great success making scrapes below a nice licking branch and then peeing in it. Had one last year go from a 2'x2' to a 6'x6' within two days.

Ive used just about every brand of estrous there is, including VS-1. I had a mature 8 come right into VS-1 once, and a slammer 10 come into Tinks Golden Estrous once. Outside of that, I have not had much luck with estrous.

Save your money, find where bucks cruise during the rut, and rely on your woodsmanship/hunting skills to get you within range of that buck you're after. EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE DISTRACTED DURING THE RUT, IT PAYS TO DISTRACT THEM EVEN MORE.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.