The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
i used to sit with a set of homemade shooting sticks. missed several shot opportunities on fox and coyote by trying to move, twist and turn for a shot. now that i was shown the advantage of standing and using a tripod...i stand :) big difference.

AND...i dont have to hold the rifle, its locked into the tripod :) works great on G-hogs too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Depends on the field or area I'm watching and how much back ground is behind me. I'm standing more often especially when hunting alone. My buddies do not like it when I stand.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Sit, 100% of the time. I use a three-legged stool or chair depending on the terrain. As I am not as steady as I once was I use a Primos Trigger Stick Gen 2.

JakeS1922 - My body says I have to sit:sad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Stand at night, if your not standing your not getting a 360 degree vantage and most likely missing critters behind you.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
I use to always sit but getting old changed all that. I cannot move or bring the gun up quick enough while sitting.

I stand or use a small stool and sometimes a mono-pod. It all depends on the terrain.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stand with tripod at night unless it's a bright night, sit/kneel with sticks or tripod during day.

Reactions: bohunr
1 - 17 of 17 Posts