The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard a couple times now that they do but I spend a great deal of time in the woods/outdoors and have never seen evidence of this for myself . . . just wondering what the opinions of those on HPA are?

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
i have seen where they have killed them 5 or six times. coons are a nasty fighter though. i doubt they mess with them unless they are really hungry or more than one yote.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
ya where i could read what happened in the snow. i've found dead coons that were chewed up or pieces of them at other times but couldn't tell you what killed them. once i was driving a state forest road on a crusty snow with a dusting of dew snow over it. i saw a big blood spot in the road and got out to see what it was. i could make out faint yote tracks and there was coon hair all over. then where the yotes left the road after the kill you could see one still walked on the crust while the other was breaking through from the extra weight of carting the coon.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats pretty awesome, love to read stuff in the snow like that.

I saw the other day on a gamelands where a fisher killed a opossum.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Last year I was out hunting and was playing coyote locator, which is basically a pack of howling coyotes. I heard this growling noise coming from the woods (it was still dark) Within seconds an angry coon ran right up to me. Scared the crap out of me, but I was able to recover and add his pelt to my collection.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Yea I dont know what that coon thought he was going to do when he charged into the middle of a pack of yotes!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Watched coon dogs kill alot of coons,sometimes when caught on ground.They have no problem they grab them by the middle and shake the violently,guts come flying out.I believe yote would do they same thing,have seen coon population go down when yotes showed up.also have often observed yote tracks that looked like they were trailing coon tracks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts