The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these used only in the regular firearms seasons or are they used in all of the Deer seasons?Also,does the DMAP have a extended later season after all of the other deer seasons have ended in January?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
DMAPs are good for all archery, all muzzleloader and all regular deer seasons. There is no extended DMAP season.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.I was researchin all the info and couldn,t find that out.Also I couldn,t find out if it is for all deer or just a/less.Plus can a/less deer be takin in an early split season when only antlered deer are legal?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yep, you can use a DMAP tag in any deer season, even on the first day of antlered only season. A DMAP license is for antlerless deer only.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton.Does the hunter still need to process a a/less license or can he just use a DMAP tag?Also can a hunter be given multiple tags or is it one per hunter only?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You you need a license in order to get the permit.

The permit is explained in regulations on the PGC website under title 58, regulations.

§ 147.674. Issuance of DMAP harvest permits.
(a) DMAP harvest permits will be made available without regard to quota limitations and will be issued through the Commission’s PALS.

(b) Two harvest permits for the DMAP area may be issued each license year to persons who possess a valid Pennsylvania hunting license.

(c) Coupon holders shall submit the completed coupons and remittance as determined by the Director. The fee for the harvest permit is $10 for residents and $35 for nonresidents. A fee of $6 will be assessed for the replacement of any DMAP harvest permit.

(d) While hunting deer, the DMAP harvest permit shall be possessed by the hunter at all times.

(e) In DMAP areas designated by the Director, applicants may apply for DMAP harvest permits without possessing a coupon as long as harvest permits remain available for that area.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Thanks a ton.Does the hunter still need to process a a/less license or can he just use a DMAP tag?Also can a hunter be given multiple tags or is it one per hunter only?

You don't need to have a antlerless tag. the dmap is your antlerless tag. You can buy more than one as long as they are available.

I see John answered at the same time I posted. Good thing because I knew you could get more than one but did not know you can only have two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts