The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her on Wednesday, and it was my first "Quiet" harvest! Her and two of her friends snuck up on me since I was facing the tree and looking toward the other side. As she cleared a tree 20 yards in front of me, I cut the 200 Gr Maker T-Rex loose, and she hopped once and fell. Her two friends just stood there. I was a little shocked, but I watched them continue to feed while their friend lay there expired. After a few minutes, I had to get the ball rolling, get my climber together, and do the dressing, so I had to yell at them to leave. They left that time. Lastly, my buck did not cooperate, and since I had a 8 point or better rule the lil feller's all got a pass. Hope everyone's season was a great one.... ON to Flinter Season with a Buck and Doe tag left!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What SCI you working out of? I’m LE in Beaver County area. Good deal with the suppressor, I’m looking into one right now.

Used to work SCI RETREAT 1998-2001. I been in the Federal System since 2001. Glad to meet you bro!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Got her on Wednesday, and it was my first "Quiet" harvest! Her and two of her friends snuck up on me since I was facing the tree and looking toward the other side. As she cleared a tree 20 yards in front of me, I cut the 200 Gr Maker T-Rex loose, and she hopped once and fell. Her two friends just stood there. I was a little shocked, but I watched them continue to feed while their friend lay there expired. After a few minutes, I had to get the ball rolling, get my climber together, and do the dressing, so I had to yell at them to leave. They left that time. Lastly, my buck did not cooperate, and since I had a 8 point or better rule the lil feller's all got a pass. Hope everyone's season was a great one.... ON to Flinter Season with a Buck and Doe tag left!
Congrats! I love the look of that load!!! You've talked me into ordering some...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What performance did you get from that Bullet?

Complete pass through and full expansion. Entry was 30 cal... exit was like 90 cal. She hopped once and flopped. I won't hunt with any other bullet in subsonic loads. The Barnes 110 Tac-x is my bullet if U am hunting with supersonics.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
What performance did you get from that Bullet?

Complete pass through and full expansion. Entry was 30 cal... exit was like 90 cal. She hopped once and flopped. I won't hunt with any other bullet in subsonic loads. The Barnes 110 Tac-x is my bullet if U am hunting with supersonics.
Thank you, that is very helpful info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts