The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever hunted DMAP 2101 off Thompson RD 2G I believe? If so any luck? Thinking about trying the area this year.
Thank you !!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am not a newbie NR to PA. have hunted Potter CO. for 50 years just wanted some friendly advice. That is all.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Seen a few deer while hiking off of Thompson Road,near the old Potter dump.Few hunters and a lot of forest land.I would consider it for the archery rut.Rifle season would be pretty tough.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hunted it for the first time last year. My brother in law shot a doe in archery season. Its a large area seen a few deer and some buck signs. I will hunt it again this year have a better idea where to go now after last year.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
I've hunted it before but not in the last 3 years. If you are looking to be overrun with deer, it will be a disappointment. Put in your time and there are some nice bucks around. You will not be overrun with hunters either though.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
It's been a few years but we use to see some decent deer sign doing bear drives across the Palmatier Hollow and the Splash dam. Like I said it has been a few years now so take that for what it is worth.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Never hunted DMAP areas, but I haven't bought a doe tag in years 2G. I only hunt archery, and haven't had a shot at a doe in probably 10 years. Plenty of shots at bucks and killed a few. I just don't mess with does in PA.....I have plenty of tags down here.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have hunted Tioga also, lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Way cool I have stayed in Wellsville ny for 35 years with my friend. He passed away this Jan. be my first time hunting without him this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts