The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking all the dma-2 tags are sold out on the 5th. day you could apply for second one. Last year it went past the 3rd round where they was unlimited all total I had around 6. The year before of which was the first year for them they didn't sell out. I could understand that since the publication of CWD didn't go out till after the guide came out. I really enjoyed these especially as a NR paying the same as a resident and I could actually hunt 2 different WMU's and be exempt from the split season. I just wonder why they was so much of a hit this year. Ill be very happy with my 2 dma-2, 2- regular doe lic., and 2 dmap tags. I remember the day it was impossible for me to get one tag as a NR.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Some of the appeal has to do with expanding the zone. The new section contains areas I hunt in 2E. By getting a DMA2 tag instead of applying for a bonus 2E tag, I can use it in a MUCH bigger area, I was able to buy it outright instead of the lottery, and I can use it the first week of rifle season.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in the same deal of my cabin and favorite place is in 4A But where I live in Md. 2C is just 1.5 mile north of me.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I believe since 2C sold out quickly that hunters jumped on the DMA-2 bandwagon since part of DMA-2 is in 2C.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to agree, last year they moved the boundary west a good distance of heavy hunted areas. It was good for 2C to jump on to and this year they moved it North with only giving an extra 1000 tags.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I attended the meeting in Berlin last Sept. PGC said it is here for 5 years. So I take it 2 more years since this is the 3rd year for DMA tags.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't forget the word of mouth factor along with forums such as this one. During the first year anyone I mentioned the DMA tags to had no clue what I was talking about. The word is out now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Deer tags specifically for Disease Management Area 2. It's one of the PGC's attempt to control the spreading of CWD.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wild Trout 24/7 said:
Ok... call me dumb but what exactly are DMA tags.
I would never do that. It was not until about 3 years ago that I knew what a DMAP tag was and hunted Pa. all of my life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts