The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feb. 16th Burnt ridge bow and gun club, 493 Ridge Road Cowansville, Pa (off rt. 268). Sale begins at 8:00am.
(4-5 buyers usually attend) 4% commission to PTA. Must have your furtaker license and PTA membership to sell. PTA membership will be available at the door- $5.00 for youth, $10.00 for adult (no TPC subscription), $25.00 with TPC subscription. A few vendors usually attend, selling trapping supplies. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt Supposed to be 5 buyers coming, and 3 vendor/suppliers. You are welcome to tailgate also. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Planning on being there.
If you want spomething special PM me.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks Joe,
J Hook Tools, JH2, ALICE Packs, Beaver Boards for sure.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I'm going to throw 4 or 5 #330 in the truck if anyone needs some. I'll be wearing my black PGC jacket with logo on back.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a reminder that the sale begins tomorrow at 8:00a.m. Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
coontrapnhunt91 said:
i got a $17 average on coon. had 12 go for 30 bucks each.
$10 for rats
$40 and $35 for two beavers
Any idea on the weight/size of those? Thanks. Cutt

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i've always found that weights transferring to inches isn't very easy to judge .had many 40 to 45lbers go close to 65 inches and several go 55 to 60 inches .could be an 8 dollar drop per size .

·
Registered
18 Posts
wow. i guess i got hosed... my avg. on coon was only $9 and i had 36. who was payin the most??

·
Registered
189 Posts
I sold to little beaver this year. I used to always just go in and sell to Gary Sunderland but felt like switching it up just to see. I think I would of gotten pretty close to the same average if I sold to Gary, everyone there is usually about the same. at least they have been in the past. Anyone know the name of the fur buyer who was there last year but wasn't there this year? I sold to him last year and liked how he did everything. he gave me a lot of nice compliments and acknowledged that i took a lot of time putting my fur up. And gave me a pretty good average, I was looking forward to selling to him again this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
me to... but gary was higher on all else. he gave me $30 for fox and yote, lil beav was only goin in the $15-20 range

·
Registered
997 Posts
mac96 said:
wow. i guess i got hosed... my avg. on coon was only $9 and i had 36. who was payin the most??
Did you not take them to all of the buyers befor selling?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Larry Erdman was the missing buyer. He is/was in the hospital. Always seems to me the prices given there are cheaper than other sales in the state. Not bashing just an observation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
only the two. lil beav and gary. sunderland was $100 lower then lil beav on coon, but better on the rest.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Did attendance seem lower this year? Seemed to me it was.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts