The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit the sale today sold some of my catch seem to have a good turn out 5 buyers. my better fox sold for $8.75 lower end 4.50 had 3 nice xxxl coon sold at 6.75 low end 3.75 i wasn't expecting much more.early coon .25 to 1.00. gray fox did well i'd say between 10.00 and 18.00

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Thanks for the update folks.
Grey Fox-
Some folks will say they are surprise Greys sell for more money than Reds.
If you go back and look at the past 20 years or more of Pa. Fur Sales, you will fine that Greys average a higher price then Reds.
Yes there will by ups and downs, but Greys *price has remained stable over the years, in the $15 - $18 range.
*(for good, finished fur)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Hern, for me it goes back further than 20 years, I remember during the fur boom I actually averaged more for greys than I did for reds.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I can go back that far too.
I averaged more for Reds, then Greys, in the fur boom years.
I walked out on Dutch in those days, and didn't sell to him. Did better with Erdly in Middleburg, Reeder in Sunbury or Hess near Danville.
Back in the fur boom, I never heard of a Pa. Trappers Association's District Fur Sale. They may have hosted them, but I never heard of them. I started going to them in the late '80's or early '90's.

bearhunting, I think Dutch was in 3 different locations during his career as a fur buyer. Are you with me?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I can go back that far too.
I averaged more for Reds, then Greys, in the fur boom years.
I walked out on Dutch in those days, and didn't sell to him. Did better with Erdly in Middleburg, Reeder in Sunbury or Hess near Danville.
Back in the fur boom, I never heard of a Pa. Trappers Association's District Fur Sale. They may have hosted them, but I never heard of them. I started going to them in the late '80's or early '90's.

bearhunting, I think Dutch was in 3 different locations during his career as a fur buyer. Are you with me?
used to be nice when Dutch posted on here.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
bearhunting, I received your PM. But I can't reply. You may need to set up for replies??

here's what I get...
The following errors occurred with your submission:
bearhunting has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts