The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little bit frustrated by my photo hosting site as it seems to degrade the quality of the images when you post them anywhere. I debated for awhile between SmugMug and Zenfolio, weighing the options of each and finally went with Zenfolio to host my photos. I don't know why, but not matter what size image I try to embed there is a real lack of sharpness no matter the size of the image.

I also have a Flickr account and every image posted from it is as sharp as the original file on my own computer. Just for an example, the first two pictures below are hosted by Zenfolio and the last two by Flickr. No matter the size, Zenfolio loses the detail in each pic.

Yeah I realize Photobucket is free, so is Flickr to a point, but I don't know where I'm going with this whole photography thing yet and really wanted my own website. Disappointed to say the least as I like to share a lot of pictures on forums and such and this bugs me. I just figured I'd pass on this information to anyone who's thinking of putting down money on a hosting site. Buyer beware is my best advice.

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,184 Posts
Sure nothing wrong with those Flickr photos, crisp and the color is great. Nice shots.

Griz

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
That is pretty interesting. The 1st 2 pictures look good but when you see the next 2 there is a huge difference in clarity.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use smugmug for all my photos, I have never noticed any loss of quality, I think it cost me 8 bucks a month or 60 for the year not sure exactly. I use it mainly for sports pics of my son and his baseball team.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts