The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for people who use the State of Pa VSO to submit a claim to the Veterans Administration for a service connected disability.

Once your claim was submitted to the VA via the VSO wire (Computer) how long was it before you could track it in E Benefits file? How barbaric it is that when the claim goes forward the VA computer system does not send back a confirmation saying we have your completed package for review... I see in the file that my authority for the VSO to pursue for me has established a date. Also a blurb that 1 application submitted. However I see nothing showing the VA actually received the claim.

I did see on the average that it does take 111 days for the VA to make a decision on a veterens claim.. I'm concerned if they even received my completed package.

My VSO no longer is working for my county and I have to wait until they select a new person. Hence my concerns about everything...
Any info a Vet that did see his or her package show up and what was the estimated time frame that you saw it in the VA file?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I haven't used anyone in PA but in 2015 I submitted a claim through a VSO in Delaware. I think it was a month or so before it showed PENDING on VA.GOV. It was submitted on September 15th and I received an answer on December 17th. I was originally told to expect at least a 4-6 month wait. I logged on to va.gov every few weeks to check the status.

As long as your VSO did his job there should be no problem. Mine had the personality of a door knob but he got me results. Good luck with your claim.

Reactions: uncle buck

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to say how great the Federal VA is now... I have had my 4 physicals that I required. Not at a VA facility but at 4 different private practices... So things are now changed that President Trump is in office.

Now the state rep... That's a different thing. MY PA paid VSO didn't send my application forward. I lost 57 days.. I had to follow up over and over and was told all kind of things that weren't true.. Once I shook the application loose the VA (Federal received it at the blink of an eye... Within 12 days I was going to my first physical... I was reimbursed for all my travel from my home and return to the private sector doctors etc.. I received the travel checks real fast too. President Donald Trump any Vets that don't vote you in 2020 is a fool.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All finalized now... The Federal Veterans Administration acted promptly. Thank you President Donald Trump for all of your efforts to improve the Federal VA system. More benefits are coming down after the New Year for veterans with just a service connected injury and 0$ disability payments.. I suggest anyone that has been injured in the service to visit one of our State VSO and submit a claim to the VA... You at least will want something confirming that you at least have a service connected injury to obtain the 2020 benefits..

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there is any guidance I can give to people in the military is … If your not feeling well go to sick call. So much easy to prove things about your disability if you can prove it...Things like skin cancers, hurt knees, flat feet, can be ID to your military service but it has to be in the file.. Maybe your skin use to break out when you were in the tropics... etc..

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being that I was on a CG Cutter that was small... We would be shooting the 3 inch mount on one end of the 210 along with the 50 cal machine guns and the turbine and marine gas engines on the other end. The end result was hearing loss. They compared my hearing test when I went in and compared it when I got out of the CG 4 years later.. Sure enough I lost my hearing...By all means see a VSO Veteran Service Officer at a legion or VFW or your county and find out how to get your hands on the health records.. Compare your hear test data that is surely in your health records. enlistment vs discharge..

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
All finalized now... The Federal Veterans Administration acted promptly. Thank you President Donald Trump for all of your efforts to improve the Federal VA system. More benefits are coming down after the New Year for veterans with just a service connected injury and 0$ disability payments.. I suggest anyone that has been injured in the service to visit one of our State VSO and submit a claim to the VA... You at least will want something confirming that you at least have a service connected injury to obtain the 2020 benefits..

I got out Feb 29 2008 and was in the system at the local VA March 15th 2008 and my disability claim was sent in via the DAV on the 16th of March 2008. The claim was completed in May of 2008 and the first check came in June of 2008 with back pay to 15 March. There was one claim rejected so the DAV gathered more information that took until Sept 2008 and the claim was accepted the second time around by mid Oct 2008. Back pay was sent dating back to the original March 2008 date.

Even before my disability claims were complete I used outside facilities for a few of the test needed. I never had an issue with the VA system.

I guess I should point out that President Obama was in office and it moved along smoothly. Waugh!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
President Obama did sign a HUGE veteran package $$$$$$$$. Check on it nothing happen.. They, VA customer up front people at the window ate it all up for overtime. Might have been diverted too. Where did that money go to that was provided to the VA during the Obama administration?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
You are seeing it now. The money has been obligated from the past administration. The system takes time. What overtime? Waugh!

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I retired, I copied my service record and my medical record. After 26 years, my medical record came in two volumes. I retired in August, contacted the DAV and they filed my claim. within two week I was at the VA for comp and pen Physical, They X-rayed every injury I ever had, I was glowing when I left. I received a letter with my disability rating in December and the fist check on the first of January. You have to do your part in providing documentation for a speedy process. After five years I had to go in for a disability review. I have no complaints with the VA where I go.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
President Obama did sign a HUGE veteran package $$$$$$$$. Check on it nothing happen.. They, VA customer up front people at the window ate it all up for overtime. Might have been diverted too. Where did that money go to that was provided to the VA during the Obama administration?
Everyone forgets the crap Preasident Trump inherited from Barack OBama if you think Im wrong look at the shape the VA was in out in Arizona that made Pres Trump take action for veterans something Senator John McCain should have taken care of in his long political career. :turkey_track:

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
The only complaint I have with the VA is they need more parking. Waugh!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
When I retired, I copied my service record and my medical record. After 26 years, my medical record came in two volumes. I retired in August, contacted the DAV and they filed my claim. within two week I was at the VA for comp and pen Physical, They X-rayed every injury I ever had, I was glowing when I left. I received a letter with my disability rating in December and the fist check on the first of January. You have to do your part in providing documentation for a speedy process. After five years I had to go in for a disability review. I have no complaints with the VA where I go.

Welcome home Rick. Waugh!

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Replys are open. The big word in the whole story is (Mixed Success). The story goes onto say females and pregnancy was a big hit with the female service members God bless them for serving and giving birth to a young child instead of aborting it but the male to female ratio of service members is off the wall as of 2011 I know its old data but its a 3 to 1 ratio. Somewhere in the range of 203,000 women or 14.5 %. As of 2011 there were 1.4 million service members.These sources come from CNN. Things are much better at VA facilities now then they were in previous yrs. Ive seen it Ive been in the system since 1978.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts