The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyones prefered bait for a dirt hole set?

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
Depends what i am in the mood for...i dont like anything super tainted and loud...seems it draws every skunk and grinner in...

Ive made catches on sweet.meat, widow maker (probably my favorite), and today i caught a red on animalistics winter frenzy...

Sometimes just bait...sometimes just lure...sometimes urine on the backing..sometimes not...sometimes i will make 2 or 3 holes..big holes, small holes, lure like a flat set and bait down the hole...

Lots of things to play with....

·
Registered
679 Posts
My preferred bait, as the question simply asks, is hiawatha valley predator bait.

Thank you for providing the huntingpa.com community and the original poster with a more detailed answer coming from your wealth of knowledge and experience though mauser...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I Never set a hole without meat based bait down the hole. I have my preferred brands, but I'm quite certain there's alot of good one's to choose from. Just rember, there's no magic in a bottle that will do it for you. Also, yes I do use lures and urine in or at the hole, but always have meat based bait in the hole. Good luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts