The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Direct TV HD. Its the slimline dish with the single head (green tag). The previous owners of my house had Direct TV then switched to Dish. In my shed is there old Direct TV HD slimline dish with the triple head. Are the two interchangeable? If something goes wrong with the current head will the other one work or is my box set up to only work with the single head?

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't have issues. You have subscriptions!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
http://www.solidsignal.com/p/?p=2709

That link might help you out.

I know with DISH it just allows more inputs to come from the dish to your receiver(s)....at least it used to. Might have something to do with the number of satellites it can pick up too for better/different/HD signal quality. For instance, I have two receivers each on it's own separate line coming off the same dish....both HD. It's a triple head unit.

I can't imagine they're is much difference set-up wise between the two companies.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Multiple connectors on the feedhorn (the boom thingie on the dish) are for multiple receivers. Multiple round heads on the end of the feedhorn thingie are for multiple satellite reception.

Googled a few dishes, they all state...

"Compatible with DISH Network, DirecTV, and ExpressVu systems". I would guess the dish would work for either Vendor.

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
RonM said:
You need to call Rob Lowe.....
But not Meathead Rob Lowe, or peaked in high school Rob Lowe and especially not bad decision making Rob Lowe.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
The single head is called a SWM or swim system (works off 1 satellite), the old triple head maybe a swm system as well. However most of the time its the old HD system that working off of 3 satellites. Most receivers will do both dishes, you will have to do the dish setup if you switch back and forth between dishes.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I dunno about all that, all I do know the recent price hikes at DIRECT have be seriously considering moving to DISH.

It is downright ridiculous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts