The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure would like to go some of the places they are left into! They make it look so easy to find good items,but they are in unpicked areas!
I wonder if this program has helped metal detector sales?
You know,if happened to come across this show,and seen what it about and i owned an old site,i would consider letting them search it. Well,until i saw a guy running around yelling,jumping in trees and rolling down a hill,then i would change my mind!!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
My daughter, 8 years old, loves the show. We sit down and watch it together. She enjoys it so much that she asked for a metal detector for her birthday...December 15th. She got a Bounty Hunter but she has to wait till spring. We know of a few old homesteads we are going to try and get permission to pick.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Yup. I watch the show and like to see what they find, but there is always some far fetched plot/story about items to try to gain viewers. And I can't stand the way the run around screaming and acting like fools as if they found a $10,000 wedding ring or something. No reason they can't act some what professional about it. Makes you wonder if people don't see it and possibly deny allowing detecting because they think everyone acts like this.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Hunterknapp16 said:
Yup. I watch the show and like to see what they find, but there is always some far fetched plot/story about items to try to gain viewers. And I can't stand the way the run around screaming and acting like fools as if they found a $10,000 wedding ring or something. No reason they can't act some what professional about it. Makes you wonder if people don't see it and possibly deny allowing detecting because they think everyone acts like this.
Agreed! Not to mention the plugs they dig are sloppy and horrible looking, which gives us all a black eye. I enjoy the show for the history aspect, but could do without the "acting". I've found things 100X better than anything they've found but still haven't rolled down a hill, swung from someone's tree or knocked down their dog pen over it.
That said, when you get on a virgin spot, you will do a LOT better than they have on any of these shows. Their great days are our good days

·
Administrator
28,756 Posts
I cant watch it. I just cant. After more than two decades of detecting I've come to the realization that I'm never gonna be good enough to be able to say "Today I'm going out to find the FM Sirius radio antenna from Fred Flintstone's car." and then actually do it, like those tv heroes seem to be able to do every time they go dirt fishing.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
They still haven't found that mythical box of gold payroll coins that they are always going to find. lol.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I watched them,the other night,and the one guy swung from a small tree,on a steep hill side,and slipped off! He rolled down a hill,in the woods and sprained his ankle!

·
Registered
465 Posts
willyp said:
I watched them,the other night,and the one guy swung from a small tree,on a steep hill side,and slipped off! He rolled down a hill,in the woods and sprained his ankle!
I would to if I found a sterling silver ingot.

·
Registered
823 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
Hunterknapp16 said:
Agreed! Not to mention the plugs they dig are sloppy and horrible looking, which gives us all a black eye. I enjoy the show for the history aspect, but could do without the "acting". I've found things 100X better than anything they've found but still haven't rolled down a hill, swung from someone's tree or knocked down their dog pen over it.
That said, when you get on a virgin spot, you will do a LOT better than they have on any of these shows. Their great days are our good days

I agree. I love the idea of the show, and I like seeing all the neat stuff they find. But it is really hard to sit through all the acting and overreacting.

Every find, they say, "This could be Jesus' gold tooth!" or something. It can never be just an awesome civil war button. Has to always MAYBE be the most significant person's button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts