The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my wife and I were shopping, as we were leaving an employee at the door checks customers receipts, and matches them to items in your cart. As we get there they have one cart that was being checked, and one person waiting, ahead of us. This is usually a quick procedure with little back up. Anyways the employee was moving items in the cart, and checking the receipt. I was wondering what was going on. As I listened, the fellow asked about items in the cart, and the customer told the store employee that the other person with him, must have put the items in the cart that they were discussing. The other person appeared to maybe be his son. When the man said that, the younger one, son, maybe 14-16 looked up and stared ahead, looking back towards us with a guilty look. The store employee then said you should have paid for the items. I could not see the older fellows face, just his back, and could not hear all his words, I could see the kids face. They were dark skinned probably west African from the the slight accent, well dressed. At this point I expected the police to be called, and the line of customers was around eight behind us. However at this point, the employee left the two leave. They went out and loaded their car and left. From as best as I could tell they had unpaid items in their cart, and were allowed to just leave. I did hear back when this corvid started, that police were not going to respond to shoplifting calls. I would have at least thought they could have made the two guys remove, the apparently unpaid items from their cart. The store employee was white, I just wonder if they allow this to happen, so no one gets accused of racism, and to prevent the store from being looted and burned. I will not list the name of the store. I even hope I was mistaken and did not hear and see correctly. This country has gone crazy. Trump 2020.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I could not see the older fellows face, just his back, and could not hear all his words, I could see the kids face. They were dark skinned probably west African from the the slight accent, well dressed.
So basically you have no idea then and are just making assumptions based on his skin color???? Maybe the kid secretly bought some rubbers while his dad was elsewhere in the store.

Just the thought of you sitting there typing this out has me baffled.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I assume this was Wal Mart. Other than membership stores, that is the only store I know that does this and myself, I just keep walking, especially if they are checking someone else's receipt or people start to form a line to willingly be hassled and held up. They really can't stop you anyways and in these times, I don't want yet another person rifling through my things or have to stand close to someone while they do but that is even besides the point. I will not be stealing anything so, I just keep walking and tell them to have a good day if they ask to see my receipt. They have never once tried to stop me. I really haven't been asked in a long, long time though. If they are so inclined, they can have their theft prevention associate follow me to my car and watch me put my bags and items in my trunk and watch me as I drive off.

For Costco and Sam's club, it is a membership store and I signed up for these checks of the receipt when I signed up to be a member so I oblige when there. Membership can be revoked if you don't follow their rules.

·
Registered
742 Posts
No. I think his point was that police are not going to arrest individuals for shop lifting and companies are afraid of cutomers using the race card with all of this BLM crap going around. Apparently you didn't read his topic heading.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
So basically you have no idea then and are just making assumptions based on his skin color???? Maybe the kid secretly bought some rubbers while his dad was elsewhere in the store.

Just the thought of you sitting there typing this out has me baffled.
Really, BassBlaster? You read into that way more than I seen. Do you just like picking out the finest point in a post? Maybe you are baffling yourself by the avenue in which your thoughts take you? Just an observation...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry buddy, I just reported what I saw. I did not have the options of picking what skin color anybody was. Sorry you are baffled. I see alot of baffled people out there these days, many are liberals, not sure about you as I do not know you.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
You’ve got it all wrong Bass.

bpottorff was pointing out the racism of the WHITE store employees harassing the BLACK customers...

·
Registered
17,198 Posts
no harrassment, just a store employee doing the job they were hired to do. i see it all the time at our local walmart. some days the employee is white, other day he is black and sometimes, they are old, female and male...Hmmmm

·
Super Moderator
26,656 Posts
My brother got fired from a big name home improvement store because he pursued two guys who walked right out the store with a generator that they did not pay for. This was before COVID.
The manager said that he violated the store's policy and is being terminated.
I was skeptical of his story at first, until I heard from some of his coworkers. Seems the only reason he was fired was because they have a policy that employees are not to pursue shoplifters once they leave the store.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My brother got fired from a big name home improvement store because he pursued two guys who walked right out the store with a generator that they did not pay for. This was before COVID.
The manager said that he violated the store's policy and is being terminated.
I was skeptical of his story at first, until I heard from some of his coworkers. Seems the only reason he was fired was because they have a policy that employees are not to pursue shoplifters once they leave the store.

They have only stolen something after they left the store, what a bunch of idiots their management is!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just saw a item on this where retail theft is out of control and getting worse, Everything is being resold on line. Store employees can call cops but these people are on the road long before they show up. The big box stores want congress to act of this but we know how far that would go. The dems could chalk this up to, redistributing the wealth to the "less fortunate."

·
Registered
17,198 Posts
I just saw a item on this where retail theft is out of control and getting worse, Everything is being resold on line. Store employees can call cops but these people are on the road long before they show up. The big box stores want congress to act of this but we know how far that would go. The dems could chalk this up to, redistributing the wealth to the "less fortunate."
thats funny, Congress did act on it. the Demonrat side of Congress and Senate, Started this mess !! they are now encouraging it and so are the local Demonrat leaders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts