The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The law allowing trappers to use any natuaral or manmade or nonliving bait to attract coyotes still does not permit the bait to be visible from the air.

That is about bait. How about decoys then?

de·coy [ d kòy ]

noun (plural de·coys)

Definition:

1. distractor: somebody or something used to deceive or divert attention, especially in order to lure somebody into a trap

2. hunting lure to attract animal: a bird or other animal, or a realistic replica, used by hunters to attract wildlife to a place for trapping or shooting

3. hunting entrapment area: an enclosed area or stretch of water that game or fowl are driven or lured into so that they can be easily shot or captured

G

·
I don't like to think of myself baiting when I put piles of corn around my stand. I like to think I'm simulating a harvested corn field.

G

·
speedstick said:
Is it legal to use a stuffed toy rabbit as a decoy,Sprayed with rabbit scent and being visible from the air with traps around it?
I think the only coyote stupid enough to fall for that setup would be this guy:

·
Registered
957 Posts
i believe the difference is if you are hunting or trapping... the decoy is legal for hunting but there would be no difference for setting traps it would still be illegal to use a decot and set traps around it. making the "bait" not visible from the air keeps you from catching avian predators..... those who would still mistake a stuffed bunny for the real thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts