The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Not this year.

Made Tenderloin and Lobster tails for dinner,a Christmas present from our daughter and son in law.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I voted no, because we don't eat pork and sauerkraut, but I don't endorse the sentiment of the suggested answer.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Every year loridr!!!

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> I made deer loin and kraut in the crockpot....Something new and different....Tasted great !!</span>

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Yep at Mom's as usual plus some of her delicious knepp!!

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huntered said:
Not this year.

Made Tenderloin and Lobster tails for dinner,a Christmas present from our daughter and son in law.
An acceptable alternative indeed! We did crab legs last night!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes, Very Good when its in a crock pot and the pork stewing for a few hours.Until the meat falls apart. And then a big lop of SauerKraut on thr side

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DadHuntsNow said:
I voted no, because we don't eat pork and sauerkraut, but I don't endorse the sentiment of the suggested answer.
No offense meant Dad, second choice is an actual quote from my wife, she don't know what good is! Her loss is my gain, course I don't eat her stinkin' grits!

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Gentlemen -

Yes, all that and a bunch more side
dishes. The whole family is over. Ate
far too much. I feel like a swollen
tick.

Sincerely - GIE

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
buckmasters243 said:
Yes, Very Good when its in a crock pot and the pork stewing for a few hours.Until the meat falls apart. And then a big lop of SauerKraut on thr side
I usually do mine in the crock pot, but did it in the oven this year to honor my Mom who passed away in Novermber. Turned out great, ALMOST as good as Moms!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Homemade sauerkraut, roasted pork, mashed taters, homemade applesauce + shoo-fly for dessert

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The lights on the New Year's Ball were probably still warm when my gathering was eating the Kraut, dogs and pork.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yes sir, Since 12:01 a m
Plus News Years "Pretzel"...
Tradition Since birth...lol... Plus we have a 2nd Christmas coming up!,

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Nope...kraut and kielbasa..every year! Wifey didn't make dumplings this time...booo!!!

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
icemole said:
Homemade sauerkraut, roasted pork, mashed taters, homemade applesauce + shoo-fly for dessert
"shoo-fly for dessert"

Wet bottom of course?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts