The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot this turkey on the first day. I skinned it, spread it out and poured borox on it to dry. I liked how it turned out.
Thank you for looking!

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Awesome if I ever harvest another gobbler thats the way Im going full cape mount its different from your typical fan mount and what have you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks good. I didn't have any barn wood so I made my own. Put a wire wheel on a grinder and ground out the soft grain. Burnt the wood with a torch and used a little bit of red stain at the top.

·
Registered
84 Posts
both very nice and cool love the barnwood killa...and mummert the birch is very nice and your main boards on wall are prime... this is what i do with mine a little different then you guys but kinda the same

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mummert that wall is awesome! I'm going to try your technique and Muzzy ,I really like how you put the turkeys in between each deer head! I need to do that now.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Love the caped turkeys. I do all mine that way and think it looks so much nicer. Good job!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think the birds look great caped out like that. All the pics look nice.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thank you muzzy. That's what I thought, but being my 1st I wasn't 100% sure. It's not like a deer's skull cap. Or plucking a cockbirds tail feather. And my wife surely wouldn't be happy if my trophy was a rotting, stinking, piece of meat hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yea your right... i had a guy i work with do one and i told him DO NOT USE SALT he said salt will work....i said ok...about 6 months later when he fired up the wood stove it started to drip salty blood water and where the hump of meat on the fan rested on wall it ate the paint away

1 - 18 of 18 Posts