The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a m605 taurus, 2in barrel, 5 shot hammerless probably 4-5 years ago. The cylinder was tight and all was good. 400-500, maybe more, rounds later of 50/50 38 and 357 loads and the wheel has a good bit of play in it, and if you try to creep on the trigger rather than full on pull it the round wont fire, presumably due to a light hit because a second attempt with a firmer pull fires the round. Lastly, I've never tried to empty all 5 quickly and consecutively until yesterday, where on round three (38spl) it hung up. It looked like a piece of the bullet shaved off and got stuck between the wheel and the barrel.

Do I remember hearing something about being able to send this gun back to Taurus and they'll fix it for free?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I had a lightwt taurus 38. With Plain lead ammo that is not crimped the bullet in unfired rounds would creep forward out of the casing due to recoil jamming the cylinder and deforming the bullet. Only gun I ever had that happen in. Not sure about light strikes, but it could be the ammo??

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Call Taurus.

I only ever had one issue with a Taurus and it was fixed promptly and for free.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea my plan is to cc monday for the orange army opener and then call taurus on tuesday

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt think until just now yo look at the casing of that third shot to see where the pin landed. It would have been something i would have liked to look at now that i think of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts