The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FALCONRY

Squirrels (Statewide): Sept. 1–Mar. 31. (6 daily, field possession limit of 12)

Quail (Statewide): Sept. 1–Mar. 31. (4 daily, field possession limit of 8).

Ruffed Grouse (Statewide): Sept. 1–Mar. 31. (2 daily, field possession limit of 4).

Cottontail Rabbits (Statewide): Sept. 1–Mar. 31. (4 daily, field possession limit of 8).

Snowshoe or Varying Hare (Statewide): Sept. 1–Mar. 31. (1 daily, field possession limit of 2).

Ring–necked Pheasant –Male and Female (Statewide): Sept.1 –Mar. 31. (2 daily, field possession limit of 4).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
those seasons are very long and certain wild life management units are closed to quail hunting and pheasant some units you and only shoot roosters I find it very interesting

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
There are only about 150 falconers in the state. The impact from falconers is so small it has no affect on the resource.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
It is a long drawn out process just to get a permit. My hats off to the guys who do it. I wanted to sign bad but realized how much time it took. Plus those guys never know for sure if their bird will be coming back when they let him go.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Well it's not some secret they're trying to keep. Appears in in the digest each year. Falconry is a legit form of hunting and I think the dedicated few that practice it deserve their time afield like the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Seasons for all game have to be concurrent since you can't be selective. Can't whisper in their ear," roosters only, no hare til next week."

As stated above, their are so few falconers that the resource isn't adversely affected.

I would love to tag along on a hunt to observe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts