The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found it funny that dicks won't sell the so called assault rifle but was in Altoona tonight and they had about 20 boxes of 223 fmj .

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Many retailers are trying to "comply" with the Regime...as to be in It's good graces for the future. As we have learned from history, it does not pay to say "I'm with you, please don't hurt us"....Cowering does little or nothing. Read history. There are many more examples of "bending", or you can call it "bipartisanship" . . I call it surrender. Stand up for your rights. The Regime is using the school shooting to advance his Communist agenda. It's called disarmament. It always ended bad. We have 200+ years of an armed citizenry. There's no reason to disarm the public now. We are at an ALL TIME LOW OF HOMICIDE in the US. I read the stats. ALL TIME LOW. These recent events do not reflect a larger concern. The recent mass shootings are bad, and there are things to be done, but creating new gun laws will do nothing to impact these types of events, by Obama and Biden's own admissions.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I read a study by the ATF and it stated that 97% of all gun related crimes are with illegal firearms. How is banning firearms or not selling ammo to law abidding people gona lower that fact??

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
w yote hunter said:
I read a study by the ATF and it stated that 97% of all gun related crimes are with illegal firearms. How is banning firearms or not selling ammo to law abidding people gona lower that fact??
It won't. And, only 3% of all gun crimes are with a rifle, so banning rifles, assault rifles or otherwise, will do nothing. The majority of gun crimes are with illegally possessed handguns. The left is only seizing on a crisis to advance their agenda, disarmament.

·
Registered
465 Posts
fxd said:
Found it funny that dicks won't sell the so called assault rifle but was in Altoona tonight and they had about 20 boxes of 223 fmj .
Really, My brother has been looking for .223 all over. Very hard to find. Might have to tell him where to go.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dick's is on my list of places not to shop.
Besides the gun issue, I'm tired of their fake sales.
If a price ends in .99 (even if it says sale) cents it's a normal price. If it ends in .98 cents it's a sale. If it ends in .97 cents it's on clearance. Dicks lies about sale prices.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pepsi's Dad said:
gander Mt in Dickson city isn't selling 223 asmmo
I'm assuming they are just out of it. Last week I was there and they had >500 rounds of 5.56 tracer rounds still on the shelf. 223 ammo is going to crazy prices on sites like gunbroker. People are starting to stock up on ammo and reloading components. The only bullets I was able to find in 55gr for my 22-250 and 223 was Nosler Ballistic Tips. Trying to find powder is crazy too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Our local Walmart had about 13 boxes of tipped American Eagle 223 in 50 gr. yesterday. But the store worker said that their warehouse is now completely ammo empty.

I was surprised to see a selection of magpul items at Ganders Mtn. No mags though.

·
Super Moderator
13,525 Posts
wyomingcounty said:
w yote hunter said:
Can you guys please provide me with our source of information for the above? I can use it.. Thanks

It won't. And, only 3% of all gun crimes are with a rifle, so banning rifles, assault rifles or otherwise, will do nothing. The majority of gun crimes are with illegally possessed handguns. The left is only seizing on a crisis to advance their agenda, disarmament.

·
Registered
665 Posts
hard to find anything now5.56 or 223 and when they get ammo in its gone in 3 hrs.got 5 boxes at gander mt and five from dicks gun room.both in ohio.9.95 a box they only let ya get 5. have to try again next week

1 - 15 of 15 Posts