The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to dicks after work today and picked up a hangon stand for 35 bucks, not bad. they have all there stands on clearance, getn ready to bring in the new ones.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like I will be going there tomorrow, so I can do the misses Xmas shopping for my presents!

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
Wife and I haven't fished together in 20 years or so, but something tells me she wants a new St. Croix wrapped neatly under the Xmas Tree.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Fleroo said:
Wife and I haven't fished together in 20 years or so, but something tells me she wants a new St. Croix wrapped neatly under the Xmas Tree.
Great minds think alike!
Wife don't hunt, yet, but she needs another ladder stand, maybe a new FoxPro caller, ' ya know to go with the. 243. "SHE" got last year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
On my way there now, but if I don't find one for less than $40, I'm not gonna be a happy camper....

Haha just messing I'll let you guys know what I find. This will be the Altoona dicks also if anyone wants to know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
CamoHunter -

I bought the wife a .243 for Christmas this year as well. I'm not sure how it's going to go over. She wants to hunt so I figured it was time for her to have her own weapon. How did you wife take the .243 as a present? did she like it or roll her eyes ?

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
If you got one with a pink stock she will know it is specifically for her......but then again maybe not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to the Carlisle Dick's and they weren't on clearance. The cheapest one they had was $50 - still a good price. I asked the clerk when they would be on clearance and he told me they sell them year round so they wouldn't be on clearance. He did tell me they would be 20% off tomorrow - so that would bring it down to $40.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was at the one in Washington today, I was looking for a new 2 man ladder. The ladder was completely out of stock and they could not get any others. Oh well. They did have a bunch of the loc ons, like $35-40.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I was at the Whitehall Dick's and picked up a 15' ladder stand for $59, regularly $119. They had 2 man ladder stands starting at $99.

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
ccall29 said:
I was at the one in Washington today, I was looking for a new 2 man ladder. The ladder was completely out of stock and they could not get any others. Oh well. They did have a bunch of the loc ons, like $35-40.
I picked up a couple loc-ons last night for $35 each. Not a bad stand for money.

·
Registered
25,653 Posts
Coupla years ago our Dick's had all the stands marked down and a deluxe two man (camo blind, etc) was priced somewheres around $120.

Was standing there thinking that was a pretty good deal, when a guy that belongs to our gunclub came up and thumped me on the shoulder. He said the only one they had left was the display model on the fake tree and as soon as they got back with a ladder to take it down, it was his.

The couple "basic" ladder stands I have at camp, were bought on sale some years ago. I don't take them down. When they "go bad", I'll get some more. The oldest one is about 8 years old and still solid, although I've replaced the brace rope twice. Straps/ratchets are still solid, so are the ladders/seats.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
MattA said:
I went to the Carlisle Dick's and they weren't on clearance. The cheapest one they had was $50 - still a good price. I asked the clerk when they would be on clearance and he told me they sell them year round so they wouldn't be on clearance. He did tell me they would be 20% off tomorrow - so that would bring it down to $40.
that might be Dunhams, not Dicks

·
Registered
47 Posts
surveyor said:
MattA said:
that might be Dunhams, not Dicks
You're right. That used to be Dick's though right? I didn't even look at the sign on the front of the store when I went in. Guess I'll try again on Monday and go to the one one on the Carlisle Pike. Dugh! Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Every year Dick's discounts all the hunting stuff right after season. I buy most of my stuff then. And with the score card you get lots of coupons and credits.

Annnndddd.... About 7 miles from the land i lease near Binghamton NY is the original Dicks. Itsthe smallest dicks sporting goods I have ever seen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
KeystoneTarget said:
Annnndddd.... About 7 miles from the land i lease near Binghamton NY is the original Dicks. Itsthe smallest dicks sporting goods I have ever seen.
Hey... So whats wrong with having the smallest Dicks!?!?!?!??!!?!??!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts