The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
same difference, they CHOSE to take away the right of someone who wanted to purchase an item they have in stock.

·
Registered
329 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
same difference, they CHOSE to take away the right of someone who wanted to purchase an item they have in stock.
Let's get serious, they didn't take away anyone's right to do anything. Just shop somewhere else.

·
Registered
434 Posts
From what I have seen elsewhere on the web I would say they are losing thousands of customers an hour! Myself included.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Gilligan said:
4c_game_chaser said:
Let's get serious, they didn't take away anyone's right to do anything. Just shop somewhere else.
Oh I will, and I"ll be sure our 30,000+ members get to read this as well. Time to show some support to the local gun shops people, they won't deny you service

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
A bit extreme to remove all guns. And, I would guess temporary. I buy a lot of stuff at Dicks and will continue to. Never bought a gun there.
They don't have to sell you anything. It is not your right for them to be required to sell something to you.
I think we may finally see the divide between more moderate gun owners and the NRA types widen. I don't believe the shooter's mother had any reason to own an arsenal of assault weapons. Nobody does.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did say suspend's ,my bad.
Not all guns suspended, just some.
...but I think this may be the start of something.
I think that this shooting may bring changes.
People will use this to push their own agenda toward banning anything they can, guns ,clips ....

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
What is a moderate gun owner???? Divide and conquer???? A gun is a gun is a gun.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
TusseyMtMan said:
A bit extreme to remove all guns. And, I would guess temporary. I buy a lot of stuff at Dicks and will continue to. Never bought a gun there.
They don't have to sell you anything. It is not your right for them to be required to sell something to you.
I think we may finally see the divide between more moderate gun owners and the NRA types widen. I don't believe the shooter's mother had any reason to own an arsenal of assault weapons. Nobody does.

Yes. I can attest to the fact that the gap is widening. Many of us see these black rifles as a black eye to the shooting community and the 2nd amendment and we will no longer carry water for them.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
It's a business decision on their part. They may be losing 1000's of customers, but how many customers would they be losing if they continued to sell them? I'm sure there were several high level meetings making this decision. (whether we agree with it or not)

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
Dick's just lost a customer......period. I'd hope they lose many more.
Yep. Used to go there often but that has ended.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
There is a reason that the NRA has fostered a major campaign to identify the AR platform semi auto rifles as legitimate hunting tools. It has nothing to do with hunting, and everything to do with maintaining our right to own these weapons. If we can make a valid argument that they are useful hunting guns, we have one more leg to stand on. I don't really care to see these guns in the woods anymore than the rest of you, however I think they have a place for law abiding gun owners. The second amendment is there to give us a fighting chance against enemies foreign or domestic. Specifically tyrannical govts such as our founding fathers knew all too well. If the day ever comes that these fears come to fruition, do you think that anyone of us would even stand a glimmer of a chance with our bolt action 30-06 and grandpa's double barrel shotgun against armed troops? If you do, you are deceiving yourselves. Yet arm the same community with AR style semi auto rifles and at least we have a hope of a fighting chance. It's about having access to adequate firepower. This is the real push behind these rifles as hunting guns, and the reason I feel that despite what we may feel about their feasibility or as hunting rifles, we should unite to support our right to own them. I don't own one yet, but it's on my short list, and given the smoke signals we've seen go up in Washington DC lately, I would encourage the rest of you do the same.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
Gilligan said:
4c_game_chaser said:
Oh I will, and I"ll be sure our 30,000+ members get to read this as well. Time to show some support to the local gun shops people, they won't deny you service

There are alot of members on this site and on other hunting sites that believe black rifles need to be regulated. They won't speak up because they see how everyone gangs up on someone like myself who does. Not even NRA members agree on this issue. You may be surprised how many actually agree with Dick's decision?

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
*Moose said:
Yes. I can attest to the fact that the gap is widening. Many of us see these black rifles as a black eye to the shooting community and the 2nd amendment and we will no longer carry water for them.
Is the same rifle in camo that they use to hunt elk in colorado or deer in michigan the cause for the same black eye to the shooting community?

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Jim Zumbo was right when he said these AR type rifles have no real place in hunting. They're only being brought in to try to legitimize them because their true purpose is rather sinister in nature.

1 - 20 of 372 Posts