The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys whats your opinions on the diamondback ar,I'm buying my first and have been looking for 2 weeks and its endless..if I can buy one for under 1500 and I'll add a vortex 4x16 on the flattop...or my gunsmith can build one and pay him which could be 75.00 an hour im thinking and I could go over my budget and not put the optic on,I want..db go for 600.00 and I could get the optic and mount and ammo and be inside my budget.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Assembling an AR from parts is pretty easy, especially with all the videos on the internet (I like Brownells vids). You don't need to pay someone to do it.

You could also buy a PSA CHF barreled upper assembly, BCG, charging handle and blemished complete lower and still be in the ballpark on price and you will have a better rifle than the DB15.

Also, what are you planning on doing with the rifle? The reason I ask is because a 4-16 is a lot of scope. The only way I would consider that much glass is on something like a SPR type rifle.

If it is going to be a all around 16" carbine and I was set on a scope...I would be looking hard at the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
What are you going to use it for, hunting, protection?

I would recommend you go to Tanners. They have plenty for less than $1,000 and decent prices on most.

If protection is your goal the S&W MP-15 is a great off the rack AR. They were going for around $750 the last time I looked. If hunting or accuracy is your goal then I'd look at RRA.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
BTW you can build one yourself for a lot less than $1500.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Russ

They were packed today! It's the beginning of the latest anti-gun panic. Don't wait for prices to escalate.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to keep it basic for my first AR ...I bought a diamondback 5.56/223 ,a very nice rifle.I hung a Vortex 4x12x40 on it with Burris mount and I bore sighted it in for 50 yards.Im taking it out on Sunday to break it in and run some ammo threw...im excited to see what it does,before I start changing things...lol

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I shot 160 rounds threw it and did some break in cleanings in between rounds.it preformed flawless and I was hitting pretty good at 100 yards...made some early changes replaced stock and BCM charging handle and threw Nice bipod on.Im happy with it !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts