The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market of buying a new bow but don't want to break the bank. Anybody on hear shoot a Diamond or have any knowledge on them? I was specifically looking at the Edge SB-1. From what iv'e been reading they seem to be pretty good bows.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Just looked at it. $399 for the package. You are getting a bow that can go from 5-70# of draw weight, 15-30" draw length. If you were really tight on cash, I would say it would be a good bow, especially given the fact that the used resale on it is high. It can be used by teens and women, as well as a youth bow that the hunter can grow into. It's 32" ATA, which makes it more of an adult bow, and will resell easier to that 15 year old that wants a "big bow" not a little kids bow. - my years in retail taught me that. Remember, for $400 you are getting the whole package, so it's not going to be a high quality sight and rest. As time goes on, you can upgrade those, as well as get a better set of strings so the bow stays in time longer. Other wise, you may also want to look at a Hoyt Powermax package or a Mission package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is a review I did on this bow. Its a great bow especially for anyone just getting started. The "plastics" you usually find in your lower cost bows are replaced with stronger carbon fiber. Its smooth, quiet and like i mention in the video down the road you will probably want to upgrade your sights and rest but it should make for a great new bow! I shoot a Mathews so when they sent this bow to me after I shot it enough for the review, I sized it down for my fiance to use. The fact that you can do that with no major loss in quality or quantities (speed) is great.
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/diamond-edge-sb-1-full-review-new-bow/

·
Registered
445 Posts
I shoot the diamond rock 2.0...bought it brand new as a leftover in 2011 (bow is a 2010) I love it! I've never had any trouble with it and the only reason I am slightly interested in buying a new bow is because I want to turn this bow into my carp bow (I shoot a 1975 martin for carp)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I almost bought one, but that was before I picked up a couple other bows. I shot an elite and a Mathews and compared the three. Hands down the diamond went to the bottom of the pile. It felt cheap and the draw wasn't even comparable. Not sure if bowtech has fixed their limb crack/flaking issues, but do some reading on it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DPrievo, great review. Very informative Thanks. Seems to be a good bow. I have 2 young boys and I like the fact that you can adjust it way down. I went to Dick's this past weekend to shoot one but unfortunately they did not have it in stock. Hoping I can shoot one soon.

·
Registered
749 Posts
y wife has this bow..i got it for her to begin archery with..she is very small and 40 lbs is about the max she can draw..after a year with this bow she is outshooting her bow..how do we know this because I have a friend that has a Mathews SDX and I got it from her and let the wife shoot it and she was shooting it a lot better than her Diamond infinite edge..

the Mathews are a lot smoother.
remember you are buying a beginner bow so don't expect much out of it as you progress with your shooting..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.