The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally don't post pics like this but I am impressed with the accuracy of the new Swhacker Levi Morgan 100 grain heads. I do have to say I had to make some minute scope adjustments and weed out a couple flyer bolts but I kept at it until I got comfortable with my selected hunting set ups. The new heads allow you to lock the blades closed with a screw so you can use the actual head/bolt combo you will be hunting with. The heads normally come with a practice head but I like the new option better for matching up.
These 2 shots were 30 yards prone off a rifle rest.
Ten Point Turbo GT
Left bolt: Victory xbolt with alpha nock.
Right bolt: Ten Point Pro Elite bolt with omni nock.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
Big fan of Swhackers. All of them. Been using them for years. Good luck with your hunts!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
How far do you feel you could shoot accurately in a hunting situation? Also, what FPS is your setup clocked in at?

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How far do you feel you could shoot accurately in a hunting situation? Also, what FPS is your setup clocked in at?
The bow is rated at 360 fps...never ran my set up through chrono. As far as hunting distance... I know my equipment and use shooting sticks in our hunting blinds around food plots and utilize a rangefinder. I am absolutely comfortable with 40 yard shots with this set up but only broadside shots at calm deer. I have shot this set up at 50 and know what it'll do. :biggrin-new:
It's not enough in my opinion to go afield without shooting broad heads and have never done that regardless of where the field points hit.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The bow is rated at 360 fps...never ran my set up through chrono. As far as hunting distance... I know my equipment and use shooting sticks in our hunting blinds around food plots and utilize a rangefinder. I am absolutely comfortable with 40 yard shots with this set up but only broadside shots at calm deer. I have shot this set up at 50 and know what it'll do. :biggrin-new:
It's not enough in my opinion to go afield without shooting broad heads and have never done that regardless of where the field points hit.
Cool, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
The Levi Morgan Swhacker has a set screw that locks the blades closed so you can practice with the same hunt you hunt with. The original Ulmer Edge had that feature and so does the new SEVR titanium.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
The Levi Morgan Swhacker has a set screw that locks the blades closed so you can practice with the same hunt you hunt with. The original Ulmer Edge had that feature and so does the new SEVR titanium.
Nice . Do they make the same heads for compounds ? Not sure if there is s difference between crossbow heads and compound heads ?
Killed two bucks with Swhackers and got complete pass throughs with them. Oddly I didn’t have much of a blood trail on either one. Chalking both up to just being a fluke. Like the design too much to switch to something else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts