The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Red Wings fan threw a banana at Wayne Simmonds during the shootout at last night's Flyers/Red Wings game. This is just plain stupid and not even remotely funny. Let's hope they find the person who did this.

...and people say Philly has bad fans. This goes to show you, there's idiots in every city. Yes, even Pittsburgh!

·
Registered
40,115 Posts
Every sports city has bad/stupid fans. There are people who were sitting near this idiot who need to come forward and point him out.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
No excuse can possibly make such a rude, racist, and I'm sorry, retarded act acceptable. It wasn't OK when Jackie Robinson was brought to tears when he played against the Phillies, and it certainly isn't acceptable in 2011, either.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
disgusting. 2 hours from his hometown no less. i hope he takes it personally and has a solid season.

·
Registered
40,115 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
No excuse can possibly make such a rude, racist, and I'm sorry, retarded act acceptable. It wasn't OK when Jackie Robinson was brought to tears when he played against the Phillies, and it certainly isn't acceptable in 2011, either.

I don't why you brought Jackie Robinson and the Phillies into this thread but as long as you brought it up you should remind everyone that he experienced racism all through the league, not just in Phiily. His own team mates hated him and didn't want him on the team. They threatened to sit out if he played. Some teams threatened to strike if he played, i.e. St Louis Cardinals. Of course, I'm sure the Pirates and their fans embraced Robinson. I'm guessing you just wanted to take a shot at the Phillies to make yourself feel better.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I remember when I was a kid in the mid 70's at a Pens game when Bill Riley stepped on the ice for the Caps. There was more than one person yelling racial comments.

Yep there are idiots everywhere.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dc 21 said:
steelerfan58 said:

I don't why you brought Jackie Robinson and the Phillies into this thread but as long as you brought it up you should remind everyone that he experienced racism all through the league, not just in Phiily. His own team mates hated him and didn't want him on the team. They threatened to sit out if he played. Some teams threatened to strike if he played, i.e. St Louis Cardinals. Of course, I'm sure the Pirates and their fans embraced Robinson. I'm guessing you just wanted to take a shot at the Phillies to make yourself feel better.
Typical Pittsburgh fans not being able to think of anyone else to pick at.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Phase47 said:
dc 21 said:
steelerfan58 said:

SF58's just making a point, don't take it so personal. Yes, there are stupid fans everywhere.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Phase47 said:
dc 21 said:
steelerfan58 said:

Phase47 said:
A Red Wings fan threw a banana at Wayne Simmonds during the shootout at last night's Flyers/Red Wings game. This is just plain stupid and not even remotely funny. Let's hope they find the person who did this.

...and people say Philly has bad fans. This goes to show you, there's idiots in every city. Yes, even Pittsburgh!
And that line pertained to what part of the story, exactly?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Phase47 said:
dc 21 said:
steelerfan58 said:

Has nothing to do with being a Pittsburgh fan. Philly fans are considered loyal but one, if not the most totally disrespectful fan base in country...Turn on sportscenter once in a while..You guys usually earn a segment each season per pro sports team..

·
Registered
40,115 Posts
Has nothing to do with being a Pittsburgh fan. Philly fans are considered loyal but one, if not the most totally disrespectful fan base in country...Turn on sportscenter once in a while..You guys usually earn a segment each season per pro sports team.

Only because it has become fashionable to bash the Philly fans. Why do you think sf58 took a shot at Philly when they had nothing to do with throwing the banana?

Most pro players who play here will tell you its the most knowedgeable fan base in the country and they loved playing here.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
dc 21 said:
Has nothing to do with being a Pittsburgh fan. Philly fans are considered loyal but one, if not the most totally disrespectful fan base in country...Turn on sportscenter once in a while..You guys usually earn a segment each season per pro sports team.

Only because it has become fashionable to bash the Philly fans. Why do you think sf58 took a shot at Philly when they had nothing to do with throwing the banana?

Most pro players who play here will tell you its the most knowedgeable fan base in the country and they loved playing here.
Pittsburgh fans had nothing to do with it either, but the OP felt obliged to toss Pittsburgh into this mess, so all is now fair.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
dc 21 said:

McNabb?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
dc 21 said:

I agree that you do have a loyal fan base that loves your teams..disagree with philly pro players sayin you have the most knowledgeable fans.. How much knowledge do you need to boo everything and everybody when things arent goin your way and/or your losing??

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
You do need a good arm to hit Santa with a snowball from 50 yards away, though.

·
Registered
40,115 Posts
I agree that you do have a loyal fan base that loves your teams..disagree with philly pro players sayin you have the most knowledgeable fans.. How much knowledge do you need to boo everything and everybody when things arent goin your way and/or your losing??

Philly fans let you know when your playing well and let you know when your playing bad. Unlike others sports fans that just sit there and say/do nothing.

·
Registered
40,115 Posts
steelerfan58 said:

You obviously know little or nothing about that particular situation. Just what you here from those stupid national broadcasters.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
dc 21 said:
steelerfan58 said:

You obviously know little or nothing about that particular situation. Just what you here from those stupid national broadcasters.
Yeah! Santa had that coming!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts