The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I concocted this last evening for dinner.

1 half fresh peach, skinned and halved per person
lemon juice
brown sugar
Goslings Gold Seal dark rum
butter
vanilla ice cream

Skin and half peaches and put into bowl. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over both sides of peaches, one or two lemons depending on how much juice they have. Put peaches and lemon juice in fridge for about an hour. In a skilled melt most of a 1/4 stick of butter and heat until butter just starts to bubble. Put peaches and one tea spoon of lemon juice from the bowl in pan round side down and saute for about 2 minutes, then flip peaches over and saute for another two minutes. Put a handfull of brown sugar in pan with peaches and saute while stiring brown sugar into butter to make a syrup. Contunue to saute for a couple of minutes and add 2 oz of the dark rum and stir while spooning syrup over peaches for a couple of minutes. Then remove peaches and put one half in each bowl round side down,(note- before sauteing the peaches cut a small slice off bottom so they will sit flat in bowl) spoon some syrup over each peach, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each peach and spoon the remaining syrup over the icecream and serve. It is great. If you would like more syrup just use more butter and brown sugar.

This is my take on bannas Foster with peaches and I don't flame the rum.

Enjoy

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
as i was reading this i'm thinking "peaches foster" and there ya go. DANG this sounds yummy.

I've been on a peach kick for acouple weeks now, i just can't seem to make a good peach iced tea...but this recipe would be a great peach fix when used with my protein ice cream recipe. (from theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com )

·
Registered
507 Posts
There are some good peaches making their way into market. i just got some Southern ones in this week. I always lean toward a peach cobbler; yeah it's simple but if your peaches are good and you have some homemade vanilla ice cream your set

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I like the sauce recipe. If you've never tried it try the peaches on the grill. Halve and pit them, then place them cut side down on a HOT grill. A good minute or two to sizzle and carmelize the sugars, then into the bowl with a scoop of ice cream. Works best on peaches that are a little underripe.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Noob, I know you are going to try the recipe, if you serve it name it after me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts