The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Describe it with one word and then explain.

I'll start.

Confusing. I saw 11 deer the first week and then did not see another deer while on stand on the public ground I hunt the rest of the season. Plenty of sign; trails, droppings, rubs, etc., but I don't know what happened to them after week one. It makes for a long season not seeing any deer at all. Luckily I got invited to hunt some private land as a guest and finally saw some deer.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Novembermadness. ok maybe that is two words I had a different type of season . I started a new job last year and was working second shift . I didnt hunt as much as I have in the past . I just couldnt get into hunting mode . Any ways only made it out a few times in October . But started seeing some rutting activity halloween day . Ended up getting my buck the next day . Got a doe today . so one word "Novembermadness"

·
Registered
211 Posts
"KILLER"

Everytime i was in a stand i had deer all around me all season. i Hunted public an private land outa 7 stands in 7 different places i had deer around me everytime. i didnt go out one time an not see deer this season,was hard to pick what stand to sit in.. drew my bowtech 3 times an killed 3 deer 2 doe an my nice 8pt. had a KILLER season..

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Dumbfounded - got a bunch of nice bucks on the trail cams mostly at night but they didnt show themselves very much. Had 1 chance at a nice buck and missed. Actually, Saw my least amount of deer ever. Didnt see any bucks chasing at all.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
sterile

as in the public land I hunt turned to nocturnal only movement until the last week, and even then I barely saw hide with well over 100 hours logged this season....7 deer seen from stand.

·
Registered
133 Posts
DIsappointing x 10

After logging the most hours without of a doubt blowing previous years out of the water, I fully expected to fill my buck tag. Only managed to get two bow range encounters with the big bucks on the properties I hunt. Those big ones are hard to seal the deal with as you all know. Fully expected things to heat up in the last week and a half and never happened for me in my locations. TOUGH season but thats how it goes sometimes....sorry for being long winded first time venting.

Congrats to all that harvested in bow! Hope to fill my in rifle

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
First few weeks: confusing

Went from having a lot of deer around, to very few around, and no bucks.....mostly due to acorns being everywhere

This past week: Exciting, and Frustrating

From Wednesday until today, I had bucks cruising and chasing everywhere....I just couldn't seal the deal, they were either too far away, or in range when it was too dark to shoot......I had a stud at 10 yards this morning, and I couldn't make it happen, it was too dark to pick a shot around brush, and he wouldnt come out in the wide open...5 minutes later, or 5 yards further up the trail he would have been smoked.......

·
Registered
99 Posts
Short. Only hunted 2 1/2 days. Until I shot my biggest buck to date. A 137 inch 14 pt.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts