The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are turkeys in delco.....i have seen them in concordville, and in the John heinz wildlife refuge, and even in Darby boro...right outside philly.......but has anyone ever seen turkey in ridley creek?

·
Registered
645 Posts
seen them a few different times playing golf at edgemont golf club which butts up to ridley. also see them frequently around the franklin mint/wawa/delco prison area so I'd say they're in there

·
Registered
128 Posts
have found turkey feathers in John Heinz while hiking, a friend of mine had a hen in his Upper Darby back yard before. & once I heard a gobble in Ridley Creek SP while fishing, however it was around the time of Spring Gobbler so I figured someone might have just been testing out their calls.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought I'd update this because I just saw a tom and two hens in Upper Darby. They were on Lansdowne Ave, between Garret Rd and Marshall Rd...I couldent believe it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, I had to stop my truck and rub my eyes haha. If your ever near there, keep an eye out. I've heard from a few others that they've spotted the group also.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I counted <span style="font-style: italic">19</span> in a group at Heinz awhile back (February?) heading towards the pond and they passed very close to us. If it was easier to post pictures I would. We were testing out our call and we "called them in". At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts