The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to fish the lower Delaware river and would like some suggestions on boat ramps. Looking for something in a relatively safe spot to leave my truck/trailer. Would like something that has reasonable hours of operation so that I don't have to rush back before they close.

I don't mind paying a reasonable fee to launch and park the truck.

Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
522 Posts
How far south are you trying to get? You can use the Neshaminy State Park ramp that's open 24 hours but you're a good bit away from Philly. Depending on how big your fuel tank is you can make it there and back especially if you drift fish it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mattyg123 said:
How far south are you trying to get? You can use the Neshaminy State Park ramp that's open 24 hours but you're a good bit away from Philly. Depending on how big your fuel tank is you can make it there and back especially if you drift fish it.
I have a deep V so I'd like to stay in the deeper water. I can run flat out in 3.5' of water w/o concern. I could trim up for lower water levels but I'm not comfortable in water less than 24" with this boat yet.

I'd like to fish S. of Philly into DE. I have a 19 Gal. Fuel tank and I'm unsure how long the fuel lasts as I've only had the boat a little while.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
theres a ramp in philly behind the soccer stadium under the bridge, near the airport. not sure what street it is. but you can see it on google earth.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
hunter4095 said:
theres a ramp in philly behind the soccer stadium under the bridge, near the airport. not sure what street it is. but you can see it on google earth.
The soccer stadium is in Chester and Chester is not a safe place.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
If you fish Delaware you will need a Delaware license.

The state border is the center of the river between PA and NJ.

South of the PA line the DE state border is up to the NJ shore.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dogface said:
If you fish Delaware you will need a Delaware license.

The state border is the center of the river between PA and NJ.

South of the PA line the DE state border is up to the NJ shore.
Thanks. I will make sure I have one if I venture down that far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The chester ramp on Flower st. during the day isn't that bad anymore, there is stadium security and cops patrolling the grounds there all the time. Night time might be a different story. Ridley Park ramp is just above there, think its $10 to launch from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts