The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
We did some drum fishing over Memorial Day weekend and boated one 40 pounder for our efforts. You can catch all the 8 to 10 inch croaker you want. Flounder fishing has not been good,WE hit the mid bay reef sites 3 times now and caught squat. The bay has been realy muddy and cooler than usual. Also caught our share of spiney and smooth dogs,sand bar sharks and cow nose rays. Fun to catch not so for eatin.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Sounds like the flounder bite is starting in the upper bay around Fortescue. Its been a tough year for me to get out with work but went twice for stripers at the end of April and early May and only caught 3 bass but they were all keepers with the smallest being 35 " and my son getting the biggest bass of his life with a 47" cow. Hopefully I'll get out for flounder next weekend and I'll post results.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Fished the bay saturday. Ran out of Cedar Creek and headed east. Should have gone north the guys that ran north had a few keepers. all we caught were shorts, but we had a steady pick of 13 to 18 inch weakies all day.That is a good sign they may be comming back. Highlight of the day was a whale that surfaced around our boat several times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts