The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used a dehydrator to make jerky, can it be done. i made deer jerky years ago by hanging meat from over grate with door cracked open, temp set at 170deg.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah I have used a dehydrator already, but prefer the smoker

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes they work great. I bought two of them at a garge sale each was a dollar. Then I found a jerky shooter at a moving sale and got it for .75 cents. It was never used and still had the herky seasoning. I made some a couple days ago and cant stop eating it.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
watch out...woody is gonna tell you it's not safe

i use and have used a dehydrator for years. i have a new one that i posted a link in the gear forum that works REALLY well.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I place the fruit roll up tray on an empty bottom tray to catch the grease from the jerky that I formed with the jerky shooter. It makes for an easier clean up.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
jayd4wg said:
watch out...woody is gonna tell you it's not safe
i use and have used a dehydrator for years. i have a new one that i posted a link in the gear forum that works REALLY well.
As I have Said BEFORE many times over...

When you get to crapping your guts out and puking your guts out and find out you have a nasty food poisoning...

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN ALL OF YOU!

·
Registered
218 Posts
used them for years easy and simple. turns out great.where i get my deer cut up they slice it in perfect strips for me real cheap all i do is marinate and lay it in dehydrator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts