The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on cabelas brand commercial dehydrator. 80 liter size. Everything looks good but the ads do not state if they have a fan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have an older model (about 3 years old). My family loves it. Several factors, though, before you buy one: the unit is sizable (definitely not countertop) and puts out alot of heat (it will warm the house). We keep ours out in the garage, in its own space with its own outlet. The unit is a bit loud (air diffuser) also but in the garage for such large volume work we don't mind. We've tried putting it on the porch but outside the unit doesn't seem to achieve or maintain the proper temp. I would recommend it if you are looking for dehydrating a good volume of anything. It does work great.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Keystoneman 85 I can read too. Between employees and companies posting reviews of thier own products I don't put alot of faith in online reviews.
I am not saying cabelas does this but I watched a show on others doing it.
That is why
I am asking if anyone knows if this has a fan in it?

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Well for what its worth there was a gentlemen on Diners Drive Ins and Dives (Food TV) that used one of these and his food looked good! Then again can we trust them?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll be up at camp tomorrow and I'll see if I can find the owner's manual.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the fact that the excalibur has the center mount fan but I would like a little more space than it offers.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
keystoneMAN 85 said:
Well for what its worth there was a gentlemen on Diners Drive Ins and Dives (Food TV) that used one of these and his food looked good! Then again can we trust them?
For that matter, there's another guy on the food network that uses a box fan and a stack of furnace filters...and that seems to work for him too LOL

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I love altons show...i still have not gathered the cajones to use the box fan dehydrator though. I guess it would work...but nevertheless, i'm not gonna do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts