The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent Saturday hunting/scouting my deer hunting area. There were 5 guys in camp in the ANF. DMAP tags galore were given out in this area. We had 1 archery hunter and 4 Turkey hunters and not a deer was seen, no droppings 1 rub and no tracks in the snow. Growing very disgusted with Pa deer management and qdma. Lots of food everywhere we were and bear, squirrels, grouse and turkeys just no deer. Guess to get a deer I'll have to hunt in Pittsburgh.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
I was up there 2 weeks ago turkey opener. Deer everywhere but this was down in the Balltown area out #666 a bit.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
We hear the same things up here constantly, about our game lands, yet our group manages to find and kill deer, without a lot of trouble, every year.

So are you planning on leaving the tags at home to help the population there, or do you just expect everyone else to? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
The hunting in pa for all game species is spotty at best. A combination of a lot of poor habitat, high predator numbers and an inept gameless commission. Because of this it will not change in the near future.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Have a camp in Marienville area. See deer all the time. Have to look for food sources. I'll agree it doesn't have the habitat like SW PA

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Nothing around my cabin either. We had 10 cameras out and quit putting them out because they were only seeing 1 or 2 deer. Haven't even seen any hunters since the 2nd week. We have been hunting other areas too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts