The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking to make a food plot for deer/turkey. Ive been told theres kinds out there that dont require the land to be tilled. Can anyone help me put truth to this? Suggest any types of agriculture? Thanks!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
How big you wanna make it? How much prep work do yo wanna put into the foodplot? There are many types of throw and grows and such that will work with a little of work.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i just did a new small plot and over seeded a old one with imperial whitetail clover and wintergreens mixed in as well. sprayed with roundup 2x's , waited a week or so between sprays. then just spread seed right before a heavy rain and it is coming up nice. also limed and fertilized as well. it doesn't say throw and grow on the bag but it worked for me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deer or turkeys comin to the plot would both make me happy lol. Preferably turkeys but hey, cant have everything. Thanks guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.