The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking to make a food plot for deer/turkey. Ive been told theres kinds out there that dont require the land to be tilled. Can anyone help me put truth to this? Suggest any types of agriculture? Thanks!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
How big you wanna make it? How much prep work do yo wanna put into the foodplot? There are many types of throw and grows and such that will work with a little of work.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothin huge 20x20 or 30x30yd type thing. Just something to draw some game to the spot

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not worried about gettin dirty and doin a little bit of work either

·
Registered
802 Posts
i just did a new small plot and over seeded a old one with imperial whitetail clover and wintergreens mixed in as well. sprayed with roundup 2x's , waited a week or so between sprays. then just spread seed right before a heavy rain and it is coming up nice. also limed and fertilized as well. it doesn't say throw and grow on the bag but it worked for me.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
What Redrock said. It works.

·
Registered
98 Posts
BUCKWEAT WORKS FOR BIRDS AND I PLANT TURN-UPS AND RAPE FOR DEER. I THINK THE BEST BANG FOR THE $ IS SHOT-PLOT. VERY EASY TO GROW.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
If you can keep the deer off the buckwheat, it'll be good for turkeys.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deer or turkeys comin to the plot would both make me happy lol. Preferably turkeys but hey, cant have everything. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
125 Posts
DUNAN WHITE INVITE HAS A GREAT MIX FOR TURKEYS AND IF YOU USE DELTAG'S SEED COAT YOU WILL GET AWESOME RESULTS AS LONG AS YOU AT LEAST KILL THE WEEDS COMPLETLEY

·
Registered
125 Posts
DUNAN WHITE INVITE HAS A GREAT MIX FOR TURKEYS AND IF YOU USE DELTAG'S SEED COAT YOU WILL GET AWESOME RESULTS AS LONG AS YOU AT LEAST KILL THE WEEDS COMPLETLEY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts