The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to see everyone's deer skinning pole pics to get some ideas for our camp. At home we have a nice setup in the barn, but that won't be feasible at camp since we are short 1 barn. LOL.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Simple locust posts, dug down three feet and planted in cement. Has been in place for 10 years or so, and I've skun and quartered every deer I've shot up there from it, which involves a lot of yanking and tugging. Through all that, it's held up marvelously. One of these days, I'll get up there and put a few eye bolts through the top post for our hooks and gambrels. Then again, I've been saying that since we put the thing up...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
jmbear12 said:
Simple locust posts, dug down three feet and planted in cement. Has been in place for 10 years or so, and I've skun and quartered every deer I've shot up there from it, which involves a lot of yanking and tugging. Through all that, it's held up marvelously. One of these days, I'll get up there and put a few eye bolts through the top post for our hooks and gambrels. Then again, I've been saying that since we put the thing up...

My gosh jm. That buck on the far left looks to be a huge bodied deer. Maybe it's just the way it's hanging in the pic but it sure looks huge.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Here a full view pic of our old meat pole which has been replaced with a pole between 2 trees to the left of this pole.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
GermanHillHunter said:
My gosh jm. That buck on the far left looks to be a huge bodied deer. Maybe it's just the way it's hanging in the pic but it sure looks huge.
We didn't have a scale at that point, so I don't know what he weighed. I'd guess he field dressed in the 150lb-175lb ballpark, which is fairly typical for mature bucks up here. Inside spread was 20-1/2", which is exceptional. Bear in mind the other deer on that pole are younger, smaller deer too.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Wald, do you have a stick conveniently placed to keep that deer from swinging on the pole!!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
John Henry said:
Wald, do you have a stick conveniently placed to keep that deer from swinging on the pole!!
Had to look twice but ,yes I do

·
Registered
21,353 Posts
John Henry said:
Jmbear, your camp sure is in a fancy neighborhood!
I was thinking the same thing.Bet the neighbors like the meat pole lol.I used to live in a place like that.The house two doors down was a vacation home and the guy used to hang deer in the front yard on a meat pole.That just outraged certain people.I loved it.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Mine is made out of one of the many miles of abandoned steel pipe around my camp.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Most around our camp use the gas line poles too. Would hang alittle higher if you have coyote or bear around.

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love seeing deer pole pics! Keep them coming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts