The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start a thread for anyone looking for shoulder mount forms, along with the position and MAKE/model number

There are a lot of forms out there, and like myself i cant just visualize on a blank form in a book at the taxidermist what my deer will look like.

i've done a lot of google image searching ideas and such. it's helped but how many different makes are turned to the right? some exposing the shoulder, some flush. some the wall peds. some offset...

More then anything i'd like to see the speciality pose forms. i've been in a few shops and i havent seen a show room with many heads that are unique. I'm always in for something "a little different"

·
Registered
835 Posts
Great thread (guess you read my other reply in the other post). I think it can really help guys better understand the poses. I'm hoping I have this 'problem' in the next few days and it will help me decide.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I always look for something a little different when mounting a buck/bear.

Here are a few of mine. I really only know the specific form for one of them. The rest I told my taxi what I had visioned and this is what we/he came up with. All mounts have some custome work done to the original form.

Joe Meader Full Sneak Offset. The head has been turned back more than what the original form has it as.

Buck lost it's antlers after I shot it and there was snow on the ground. Asked for a mount that had a buck curiously sniffing its antler in the snow.

Licking branch

·
Registered
983 Posts
Matt / PA said:
I really like Joe Coombs forms......this one is a 9400 Upright Full Wall Pedestal of one of my PA archery bucks.

man I love that!!! my next one might have to be that form, great mount man!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts