Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you do? How far did some of you have to go, and remember,

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
You just wanted to post that pic.

I don't think I should really post this, but in many years past if the dog barked the 22 came out. If it was still there when the flasklight came on what ever was there got shot between the eyes. It was normally opposums though.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hunt/fish365- I think you might be on to something with that "flasklight" of yours.....J-D, Rumplminz w/ "c" or "D" batteries?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I put regular 4ft yard fencing aroud mine on 4 X 4 posts. They haven't bothered it since and its been years. The posts make nice bird house holders.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
marigold flowers, hair from the barber, and fencing all work, but the most effective is the .300 win mag.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
I've got 4ft hog panels whose tops are held @ 5-6 ft on the vertical posts, that leaves 1-2 feet of empty space at the bottom.

The bottom is 3ft chicken wire lashed to the hog panels with whatever's left buried underground (to prevent whistle pigs and rabbits from just going under the fence).

We absolutely DO have deer all over our yard, I've got pics of the rascals sticking their head through portions of the hog panels trying to reach stuff. If I only had a switch to electrify that fence!!!!!

But in general they leave it alone. The fence is why. None of my neighbors have gardens because "the deer eat it all"- that's why I put up the fence as soon as we moved in.

The dog in the picture isn't ours, we were dog-sitting for some friends for the weekend, but he seems to get along with "Lil Bumblehick

BH

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pictures! Looks like a couple of you really went all out~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts