The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You just wanted to post that pic.

I don't think I should really post this, but in many years past if the dog barked the 22 came out. If it was still there when the flasklight came on what ever was there got shot between the eyes. It was normally opposums though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hunt/fish365- I think you might be on to something with that "flasklight" of yours.....J-D, Rumplminz w/ "c" or "D" batteries?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I've got 4ft hog panels whose tops are held @ 5-6 ft on the vertical posts, that leaves 1-2 feet of empty space at the bottom.

The bottom is 3ft chicken wire lashed to the hog panels with whatever's left buried underground (to prevent whistle pigs and rabbits from just going under the fence).

We absolutely DO have deer all over our yard, I've got pics of the rascals sticking their head through portions of the hog panels trying to reach stuff. If I only had a switch to electrify that fence!!!!!

But in general they leave it alone. The fence is why. None of my neighbors have gardens because "the deer eat it all"- that's why I put up the fence as soon as we moved in.

The dog in the picture isn't ours, we were dog-sitting for some friends for the weekend, but he seems to get along with "Lil Bumblehick

BH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.