The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a freebee brinkman charcoal water smoker from a coworker, I have the neck from my buck in the freezer its a big one at 11 pounds, I picked up some mesquete and hickory chips, Im looking for suggestions on a brine to use and any other advice on smokeing the neck. Any advice will be appriciated, thank you

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
If you want a Good Deal to do with a Deer Neck Roast...grab your Slow Cooker....shove that neck in the slow cooker, Dump a can or bag of Sauerkraut ontop of it...do this early in the morning around 6-7 am..add NO, NO Spices to it... let it cook on Low all day long while your at work or out and about doing something...about 4 pm, start cooking upsome potatoes to make mashed taters...when taters are done and mashed up..

spoon out all the meat and Sauerkraut and discard the bones and grissel...

Serve it up with the mashed taters... season After done with salt and peper to taste when you have it on your plate ready to eat...

You will not want to ever do anything else with a deer neck roast but this in the future!

·
Registered
561 Posts
This is what I typically do with a neck roast. My family and co-workers love it. Even better re-heated.

2 pound roast
1 can tomato soup
1 onion diced
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Worcestershire
3/4 cup stock (see instructions below)
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Put roast in slow cooker and cover with water. Cook 10-12 hours.
Remove meat from cooker and let cool. Save 3/4 cup of the stock and discard the rest.
Shred roast with a fork.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 6 hours stirring occasionally.
Serve on BBQ Beef buns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts