The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the only marinade I use and I love it. This can also be used on different meat and its simple.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons canola oil(any cooking oil works)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Put this all in a zip lock bag and seal it shut, make sure you get all the air out so the juices are nice and tight on the meat. Also if you have quite a bit of meat then you might want to add a little more of worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and more seasoning.

Let this marinade overnight and have at it the next day. I like cooking mine on the grill but its still good on the skillet but best on the Grill. If anyone trys this marinade then tell me if you liked it, its delicious.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
SB, I just grilled some sirloin medallions I marinated overnight in this. Real good. I copied this when you posted it, and figured I better try it before I run out of venison. Only have a few packs of steak & sirloin chunks left.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Try this one if you like it a little hotter.

Spicy Marinade

1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients. Heat to a boil.
Cool to room temperature. Marinade meat at least 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of vinegar
3 tablespoons of worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablesppon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt

makes about 1 cup of marinade enough for 2 medium steaks and amrinate for at least 24 hours (48 is better)

tastes best on the grill, and for an extra kick get some of that squirtable margarine that comes in like a mustard bottle and aplly about 1 tablespoon to each steak while grilling

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
three words GAZEBO ROOM DRESSING best stuff yet for the neck roast and other stronger tasting pieces of venison. you marinade some round steaks in this and then cook on the grill till medium well and dddddaannnggggg.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I also like Gazebo (I like it for a lot of different things not just deer) - but I'll pass on medium well, give me medium rare.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
medium rare for me most of the time also but if it is prepared right a steak seared over high heat and then cooked to medium well with just a touch of pink in the center is perfect for most. alot depends on the cut also. back strbs get nothing but a little sprinkle of S+P and a rub down of veg oil or EVOO and a grill till medium rare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts