The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Lmao that's great. But who does that. I mean really who puts a live deer in their car trunk

·
Registered
522 Posts
hahahaha that's awesome i wish they had more after video of the police questioning him

·
Registered
477 Posts
stevenjackson said:
I'm sure a few of you have seen this and it cracks me up everytime. What could you actually do to avoid this? I'd say it's fair to guess dinner will be served late for this fella.

What could you actually do to avoid this?
Well first of all if you shot that deer you didn't get the job done.
Second if he picked it up as road kill he didn't make sure it was dead first. I am a EMT but I've never taken a carotid pulse on a deer. Usually a dead give away is if the tongue isn't hanging from their mouth, they aren't dead.
Next question is why was this idiot being searched by the police. Something we will never know I guess.
Funny video though. Thanks for sharing.

http://huntervids.com/videos/dead-deer-jumps-from-car-boot/

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I could see this happening....I had a deer run into the pass side door of my 85 K10 4x4 stepside chevy on way home from work....only was going bout 20 mph in the community where I lived and worked....I stopped backed up to the deer, got out and dropped the tailgate....bout that time other guy I work with stops behind me and gets out...."what ya do hit a deer ??"....I said no she hit me, LOL....well I grabbed the front legs, he grabbed the rear to load her up so I can dress her out somewhere else....had her up in the air and just bout in the bed of the truck, BAMM she came around from knocking herself out cold on my door....here we both are holding on to a trashing deer at this time held off the ground by her four feet, LMBO....I said when I count to 3 i'm going that way ---> LOL....I said 3 and ran
....he let go bout 1.5 seconds later

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
years ago when i worked in a body shop we did an insurance job for a guy that put a "roadkill" in the back of his blazer. here it was just knocked out. what a mess, trashed the insides of the blazer

·
Super Moderator
13,775 Posts
I had a friend who was a Conservation officer in New York and he had a tape of a guy calling in who had put what he thought was a dead deer, hit on the road, into the back of his car. The call was hilarious with the guy calling from a phone booth. He started the call with hey I need a man with a gun down here right now. It goes on about how the deer came a live and kicked him in the neck and was now kicking his car apart. He finishes with orders for them to hurry and that they can’t miss it because it because his car now has the back window kicked out.

Deer are really tough animals and certainly can come back to life after appearing to be dead.

One time back when I was still a deputy another deputy and I were working our way toward home during the last week of deer season. We were behind a car on a major roadway when they hit a deer. They and I both stopped. The deer was still alive but had all of the legs broke and couldn’t get up. It was a family with kids and their car was still drivable so I sent them on their way and my partner walked over and shot the deer in the head. We pulled it across the road and loaded it into the back of my truck. We then drove about ten miles into a town where there was a fair amount of traffic and lots of people on the streets. While we were bottled up in traffic I heard this banging the thrashing in the back. People on the streets started pointing. I looked back and the only reason that deer didn’t jump out of my truck was every time it got a good start its broken legs would lose grip on my truck bed and it would just bang into the side of the truck bed. As soon as I could get into a side street I got out to deal with the deer before it ended up getting out on the city streets. But, what do I do now? I can’t shoot it again in the back of my truck in town. I’m not going to go into detail but I was sure glad there were no citizens around to see how I dealt with that deer to prevent it from becoming a real issue.

Another time I got a call when I went on duty in the morning that one of the Troopers had dispatched a highway injured deer about a half hour earlier in the morning. He reported that it was still lying in a residential lawn north of Johnsonburg. I headed up there, found the deer with where the Trooper had shot it, dragged it over and loaded it onto my deer rack. I then drove to the Magisterial Judge’s Office in Johnsonburg and went inside to file some citations. While inside dealing with my paperwork a guy came in to tell me that a deer was dragging its self across the street outside. I went out and sure enough that deer that had for an hour appeared to be dead had crawled off of my deer rack and was now dragging itself up the middle of the street with traffic stopped in both directions trying to figure out what to do. Once again a rather delicate situation that could have become a pretty ugly scene. Thank goodness the people witnessing the events were country folks who had seen injured deer before. I ran up, grabbed the deer by a front leg and dragged it to the curb between a couple parked cars and got the traffic moving. I then used my knife to finish dispatching the injured deer. But, then I had to get several buckets of water to clean the area up enough did it didn’t look like a very serious crime scene.

Yep what appear to be dead deer can surprise you and come back to life at the most inconvenient times and places.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
The deer hunter must have been waiting to get the deer to a deer processor to gut the deer.

Unfortunately, I get to remember a story from a co-worker on a construction site who decades ago, had to tell me how a relative met their end when the deer went leg first through the front windshield. Good thing I had been military.

Remember a story from a state poilice officer from another state, who got waved down by a pickup truck going in the opposite direction. As he approached the truck, the driver excitedly told him of the great rack on the deer.
It wasn't a great rack. It was a cow with horns. The poor state policeman was dumbfounded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts