The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for plans for a simple deer feeder to be used near the house. something i can put shelled corn or pellets in.

·
Super Moderator
12,646 Posts
I made a couple out of 4" PVC.

4" 5' tall install a Y at the bottom cap the bottom and leave the Y open for them to feed.

Cap the bottom so the grain stays in and place a removal cap on the top to protect from weather.

I set one out in the spring and got 1227 picture of racoons.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Drill a couple small holes in the bottom cap so moisture has a way to escape.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
retired, i noticed you are from Indiana Co. too. where at? im down near Saltsburg. i get deer in the field and the yard most every night. they are always looking for a handout. ive been feeding them corn during the winter by throwing it on the ground but i would like to have some kind of feeder. just might make one of those feeders with the pipe.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I'am near Blairsville,If you make one of the tube feeders,make sure you fit a cap on the y fitting in the store so you get the right size or you may need to add a 4 inch piece of pipe to the bottom to get the cap to work,also some small drain holes in the bottom cap.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

4"pvc pipe."t" on bottom.2-4"street 45deg elbows,drill drain hole on bottom of elbows.4"cleanout with cap on top.bungee to tree or post.

·
Registered
73 Posts
4 inch by 5ft high pvc pipe typically holds about 25-30 lbs of shelled corn... i have 2 feeders on 100 acres of land and a 50lb bag of corn cost me $7.25. its not too bad. my deer have it gone in 3 days... along with the coons and turkeys!!! Sit back and enjoy!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,646 Posts
Last Spring I got 1227 pictures in three days....mostly coons 4-5 a time...But the feeder works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts