The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I have them, I love them. lightweight and easy to transport. work very well unless the deer tries to circle them. they notice them disappear, think they left and then jump in surprise when they come around the other side, pretty funny! I"ve also had the buck one knocked over by a feisty 6pt a few years ago.
All that said, for $15, i'd buy a couple if I had the chance.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have a full size Flambeau and wanted a Renzo, but couldn't part with the $80 for one. If they have the whitetail for $15 I'd love to have one. Was this at Washington store?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I made a plywood cutout decoy years ago. At the end of the season, it not only drew a buck in from across a field, but kept it preoccupied long enough for a shot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased a full size decoy 2 years ago. I used it while hunting in an open field with deer in it every day. The decoy would always scare the doe away. Only once did it attrack buck, and that was when I had it near the other end of the field. Two buck came out down wind of it and walked up to check it out. When I had the buck near my stand down wind of where they came out they walked the other way. I tried almost everything I could think of. It seemed to hurt me more than it helped. I kept it outside near where I hunted, carried it with rubber gloves and sprayed it down everytime I used it. I did not use it last year, not sure if I am going to use it this year.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Had a full size Flambeau grazing doe, but sold it. Was a hassle to transpor it along with my other stuff.
Now I use either a FeatherFlex spotted fawn decoy or an older Flambeau (?) trifold silouette.
Really like the fawn for early season; works great on does when using the fawn bleat.
The silouette works only if sprayed down with doe in heat and I'm downwind. Bucks always circle it.....

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Netboy said:
Any opinions on using deer decoys in archery season? Gander had them on clearance for $15. They were Renzos or something like that. Couldn't hurt to try?
That's the one i use, works very good.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have a Renzo's buck and doe. The buck decoy seems to do nothing but spook other bucks for me. Had a very nice 10 pt grunting like crazy following a hot doe 3-4 years ago. the doe went between me and the decoy at about 15 yards. The buck saw the decoy and made a huge circle into the field around the decoy and out of range! Never took it (the decoy) back out again. Haven't had any noticeable effect with the doe decoy (haven't used it much since then either).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts